cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN network engineers work on improving Usenet speed

N/A

How can PN impose restrictions on when and how much you can down load from Usenet when they cannot get their Usenet platform to work correctly?

They have just announced that the Usenet is not performing correctly and that their engineers are working to improve its performance but it will take a few weeks for this work to be completed. Whilst their acknowledgement of the problem and the fact that they are actually admitting something is wrong is encouraging it is not really acceptable, in light of the limitations that they are imposing on the use of the network. Surely if they are expecting us ‘The Customers’ to use the network in line with the ‘Sustainable Use Policy’ then they ‘The Suppliers’ should guarantee us a ‘Quality Of Service’.

For example, you may start a download from Usenet, that if the network was operating correctly you would expect to be completed before peak time starts, but because the network is not performing correctly the download encroaches in to the peak times. This may result in a customer being contacted because they have exceeded the peak time download limit. Surely this is not acceptable, the customer has expected the service provided to perform within the advertised limits i.e. ‘x’ times faster than dialup. The current speeds on Usenet are only just more than dialup.

I hope PN are taking this in to account before contacting customers.

Steve
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hi
But once again its only plusnets own Usenet servers that they are talking about..
N/A

What do you mean they are talking about their own servers? I am taking about any Usenet servers. The point I am making is that PN should guarantee a level of QOS at any time of the day.

Steve
N/A

Hi

As i said plusnet are only going to improve their own usenet servers, they are not interested in external usenet servers,

that one of the reasons that i have decided to migrate to another isp is that i had raised the usenet issue with plusnet and they told me they was not interested in external usenet servers only their own so any update that is posted regarding usenet is Plusnets Usenet Servers.

thxs
N/A

My point is still that PN should guarantee a QOS nomater what internal/external service a customer wants to access
N/A

Hi

My point is still that PN should guarantee a QOS nomater what internal/external service a customer wants to access

And i fully agree with you 100% but they wont and cant unless they invest in more bandwith, which they dont want to do ..

thxs
N/A

As usual, a total lack of comms from Pusnet on this issue....

If they are gonna mess around with Usenet T&Cs can they at least give us some notice.

I can just see another backdated change to T&Cs and some more snotty emails from some toady at Pusnet HQ