Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN lock critical threads?

N/A

I posted about the problems I have been having with PN

have been trying to get PN to give me Broadband since the 12th January
Call the folks up at PN CS and BT CS and talk about options - I have home
highway so I had to check what to do about it.
First I am given the date of the 27th !!!
BT could have got it in 5 days
Then its changed to the 30th
No BT engineer turned up
2nd Feb - BT engineers come out and between PN and BT I had been given the
wrong number to change - they wanted to leave me without our house number.
PN then fail to anything about arranging another date until thte 8th
Then it was made for the 16th Feb
No engineer turned up
To get ANY response from PN has required at least 3 increasingly
frustrated messages
They then book an appointment for 2nd March!!!!!!!!
BT once again confirm that an engineer could be out within 5 days
PN refuse to do anything about accelerating my appointment and fail to
give me any reason or apology for the engineer not turning up.
I try frantically in the past days to get confirmation that there is an
engineer coming - no response
BT engineer comes in yesterday and the HH is removed - together with my
extra phone lines which the PN account was assigned to.
I am left with a single line which is dead slow and no PN connection as it
will not recognise the house number.
I am having to use a pay for connection associated with my other ISP which
is a evening/weekend package only.
I have sent message after message to PN
I have tried the 0845 number but they are not answering that even after 30
minutes.
Then I get a dimwit answer wanting 3 more dates from me and to go to BT to
get my ISDN line sorted out and they will not look at the ticket again
until Monday
This is beyond belief
Just how bad can the service get around here

--
I got told off for the use of the word dimwit which the Mod considered a slur on a person whereas I had written it as a description of the answer - not the person answering

--
I have to free up my phone line -- how archaic is that Huh?? so log in to my other ISP as I ahve no PN connectivity at all at present to see if any one has been helpful

- yes from goldenpeninsula I receive this

Personally, I read it as a "dimwit answer", which I understood to mean an "incompetent answer".
Based on the advice I received from a moderator, then provided it's been reasoned, it cannot be regarded as a personal attack.
I think it's been reasoned in undeniable detail.
Sorry to hear of your problems, kintaline.
Some ideas, that I've rejigged from a post I made in another thread, about escalating issues/complaining:
1. Follow the complaints options at this link:
http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/codeofpractice.shtml
2. Raise a complaint via the "Consumers Area" of the Internet Service Providers Association, who have Plusnet listed as a member:
http://www.ispa.org.uk/
3. Raise the subject in the Plusnet forum at ADSL Guide, which is widely read, and where Plusnet have a presence (Different moderating rules/ interpretations apply ).
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=plusnet
Good Luck!

-----
on this same thread is other useful information about the penalties PN impose on anyone who dares to consider leaving

I try to reply and convey my thanks to goldenpeninsula

And the thread had been locked

hmmm - maybe if the powers that be that influence the Moderators got on with their job of serving their customers you would not have to act in such an underhand fashion

oh -- and hours and hours on once again I have not had ANY response from PN
31 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I stand by my comments regarding your use of the word dimwit and it was a simple request for you to abide by the forum rules. You're free to open a new thread to discuss your service related issues, but if you have a direct problem with a moderator regarding the locking of a thread please take it up with me in person via private message.

Just so you know, the moderators don't work for PlusNet and we dont get paid by PlusNet and we do our work on a volentery basis we're not here to look after customers issues, but are here to ensure people keep to the rules of the forums.
N/A

Hi kintaline,

I appreciate your thanks.

As you can see fa55dsl isn't happy about the word "dimwit" being used. However, I shouldn't worry about that, because you have in any event, eloquently reasoned why you believe the answer provided by a Plusnet representative was an incompetent one.

I've raised a complaint previously, concerning a previous isp, with the Internet Service Providers' Association (ISPA) and it successfully forced the hand of the isp to deal with things, put them right, and within a set timescale.

The Code of Practice and complaints procedure, that you'd need to read, can be clicked on from the area marked "Consumers' Area" on the ISPA homepage.

Whatever route you take, good luck! Smiley
N/A

You could equally have emailed me privately about the word and I would have explained my reasoning
I find it illuminating that the appalling service does not concern you, but useful information being shared on a thread does
I presume you are not meant to have an opinion. I am sorry but on this very slow connection I now have I am not in a position to trawl through this clunky forum to see what you have said in the past.
This is not a place I have frequented before.
I was very upset to find that I was blocked from replying to a very helpful post by goldenpeninsula

Jill
madswitcher
Grafter

"Then I get a dimwit answer wanting 3 more dates from me and to go to BT to
get my ISDN line sorted out and they will not look at the ticket again
until Monday
This is beyond belief
Just how bad can the service get around here"

Jill did not insult the person concerned. The term 'Dimwit' is not swearing - its like using the word 'Stupid'. This guy (gal) has had a lot of hassle and desrves some hearing - that's partly what the forum is for.

A tad over the top and protective I think mod.

Padlocks at dawn ?

Mike
Community Veteran

As I said, I stand by my dislike of the use of the word, but I should also point out that my reference to it was a simple request for it not to be used and as I've previously said it wasn't the reason for it being locked.

This has gone way off topic and comments about girlfriends, vaccum cleaners or whatever else is not suitable for these forums.
N/A

Fine - contact the individuals but don't lock the rest of us out
There were plenty of others on topic

Jill
another 8 hours with no response from PN
how many more weeks do I have to wait for BB?
Guess what - I have paid for it!
madswitcher
Grafter

It's understandable that people are annoyed with PlusNet about the service from time to time, but please do not refer to people as dimwits, this isn't something that is welcome in these forums.

Again, I refer the honourable member to the fact that Jill did not call the person concerned a dimwit. She was critical of the answer.

Mike
Community Veteran

sorry to hear about your problems kintaline, I know of people who have been in the same situation as you (not with PN) and it always seems to be BT thats at fault, their incompetence of running the UKs Telephone network is staggering, the only thing I can suggest is keep pushing, unfortuantly there is no way of contacting BT directly (would be great if we had partial access to eCO!)

I will speak to the people that had the problems your having and will see if I can get any advice for you
N/A

Just to note, strathbungo1, that kintaline said in reply to Jon (Comms Team) in another thread, that BT have now "done their job" and it's Plusnet she's waiting on:

if this is addresssed to me you do not need to ask BT anything
They have finally done their job
Its only PN who have not
You have cut me off from my dial up connection
You have not activated my BB connection
You have not responded to my pleas for help
You have failed to provide any modicum of CS at all in the past 7 and a half WEEKS - yes weeks not hours
___oDiN__
Grafter

your broadband should have been set up at the same time your home highway was removed, im not sure when the engineer was upto in your case.

my home highway removal was painless

engineer came removed hh box
put in ptsn box
went to exchange did the work
came back 45 mins later to test the dsl

i setup my plusnet account, job done.
N/A

I have to admit to being a bit shocked at the closure of a thread for the use of the word "dimwit" Its a bit petty!! but hey live and learn!! ive used far worse language on a thread and its not been locked!!

Still keep pushing Plusnet, youll get there eventually, you have my sympathy on your problem Jill.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I thought the thread had been locked because of comparisons of vacumm cleaners and what girl friends might or might not do. Totally inappropriate for these forums.

I'm stunned that the posts were allowed to remain - after deleting the offending posts I would be grateful if the moderators would delete the first paragraph of this post.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

sorry to hear about your problems kintaline, I know of people who have been in the same situation as you (not with PN) and it always seems to be BT thats at fault, their incompetence of running the UKs Telephone network is staggering, the only thing I can suggest is keep pushing, unfortuantly there is no way of contacting BT directly (would be great if we had partial access to eCO!)

I will speak to the people that had the problems your having and will see if I can get any advice for you

Thank you

I have finally got to talk to someone from PN - and that took long enough
They were barely civil but once they had tried to blame BT left and right [ and we all have enough issues with BT in this neck of the woods I would have been quite content to have had that as a reason if they had answered me at any time] He did admit that there was no reason for the account to be connected and did so.
No apology - no commiseration - no dial up connection except a payfor number

The attitude of whom ever I spoke to STANK !
I run a small business - this was NO way to talk to a customer especially one who has had such a run around by a company

What is the usual run of play for getting any compensation out of PN
I have been given an address that looks like any address could disappear into the morass of complaints
I may raise this as a separate thread to get other ideas

thanks for the response

It has got to the stage when I may well have to take this further -- like I don't have enough on our plate - but they really should not be able to treat anyone like this
Jill
N/A

To be honest ive seen a lot worse on here than referrences to Vacuum cleaners and Girlfriends, if you cant take it as humour then thats your loss, I actually thought it was funny.