cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN: just a word of warning

N/A

I will be posting many threads here and PM'ing the support guys complaining about my problem (tickets 20265469 & 20329687) until it is fixed.

I don't care if I become a nuisance I'm just utterly fed up!

Thank you.
37 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: PN: just a word of warning

I don't care if I become a nuisance I'm just utterly fed up!

If you do become a nuisance then myself or one of the other Moderators will have no choice other than to remove your posting rights Sad
Alecto
Grafter

:lol:
That's the best part of being a mod.
:lol:
Community Veteran

Where is the Voice of the Customer when you need them ... do they have super hero costumes too?

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

How undemocratic!

I have heard before of users getting banned from here for complaining too much - but never heard it so blatantly admitted! If you do get banned, I recommend the forum at www.adslguide.org.uk, where users fed up with poor service from PlusNet will find they are welcome to tell their stories. Rather than banning users - try giving good service. Then these pages could be filled with praise!
fidgetingferdie
Grafter

No offence to the OP-er, but this is NOT an official channel of communication with PN, whatever they say in here they can retract at later date, you want to have an effective fight with them I suggest you use better ways.

If you intend to become a nuisance, it is your choice, I won't stop you. But you will not be a problem to PN, but to me and any other poster who tries to understand why PN has become so unreliable.

Banning posters is common practice on ANY forum, stating that you don't care to become a nuisance just won't help you much.

:roll:
crimsone
Grafter

Users are banned for being disruptive - not for complaining too much.

There is no need to post huge numbers of threads - one thread for one issue is all it takes. If customers (experiencing problems or not) are of the opinion that they have some god given right to be disruptive in this way, they deserve to be banned. It's not fair on the rest of use who are civil and reasonable enough to use the forums as they are supposed to be used. The rules are there for everybody.

One issue, One thread. Reply to it as often as is required, within the realms of reason, be civil in saying what you need to say, and avoid double-posting unless there's good reason or doing it (such as where there is no answer or resolution and the thread has dropped off the page).

It's that simple.
Community Veteran

Users are banned for being disruptive - not for complaining too much.

Exactly.

The Moderators have no objection to anyone posting a complaint or a problem on here.
But if you make a nuisance af yourself and annoy other forum users then action will need to be taken.
N/A

I wonder if the banning on forums is as quick as waiting for :-

a. PN to answer the phone
b. PN to answer a ticket
c. PN to admit the messed up
d. All of the above
crimsone
Grafter

Sometimes, and sometimes not - it depends on the disruption and how long before it's seen, and again, how long before disruptive users become obviously disruptive. .

But there again, it's an unfair comparison because these forums are not run by PlusNet. They are run by customers of PN who volunteer their time to do so, and are merely hosted by PlusNet as a means for customers to talk to each other.
N/A

I put a tenner on the fact that John and the other op's are on a much better traffic shaping profile to the rest of us.

They still can't love PlusNet as an ISP if they are receiving the same service as everyone else.

Anyone willing to agree?
Community Veteran

I put a tenner on the fact that John and the other op's are on a much better traffic shaping profile to the rest of us.

It's news to me if I am :?
There ain't no perks for being a Mod Sad

Just a load of hassle so I sometimes wonder why I do it Sad
N/A

hehe...

I bet you get some sort of perks Tongue

I'm really gutted I'm moving ISP really liked PlusNET Sad
although... i've given PlusNET time to sort itself out and its still an awful service... especially since how low my usage levels are so I should not be affected by any traffic shaping policies.

How far are you off leaving John? answer this as a PN customer if you can. I really want to know what the original customers opinions are at the moment.

Regards

Matt
Community Veteran

To be honest,

No. I don't agree, and I think that's a rather faecetious remark to make which is not entirely useful to anyone.

All frustrations aside, the Moderators and Forum Bright Sparks are paying customers like you or I.
I can say to you right now that there are a couple of bright sparks that have issues with the service they are getting at the moment - venting their frustrations.. yes, becoming disruptive or abusive on the forum.. no.

There's a time and a place for that kind of behaviour, and it's certainly not in this forum.
Community Veteran

hehe...
How far are you off leaving John? answer this as a PN customer if you can. I really want to know what the original customers opinions are at the moment.

At the moment I have a reliable and fast enough 2Mb connection that does every thing I need. I also use the webspace and CGI facilites fully which were one of the reasons I came to Plusnet in the first place.

I am not happy with a few things though, such as the massive waits for an answer on the support line and the silly way that raising a ticket (sorry question) is hidden and hard to find for those who use it for the first time.

I also have sympathy for those users who are suffering grief caused by being switched to a Tiscali Tongue connection and if that ever happened to me I may well be singing a different tune.

To sum up I am still a reasonably happy customer who is hoping that Plusnet can get back to being the top ISP it used to be.

Thats about as honest I can be with my ordinary user hat on.