cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN closed my ticket ?

N/A

PN closed my ticket ?

1 month ago I raised a ticket (number [ 19560402 ] ) about money taken in excess from my account. Got the following answer (after asking twice) :

"This problem is still open with our problems team who are working to resolve this for you. You should see any updates performed as maintenance to your account and a change of billing date or refund if necessary. if you need any further updates, please wait 48hrs and reply to this question. Thank you."

I monitored the "My Questions" during the last weeks, waiting for the update (and the refund). Nothing. And this morning, I discover that the ticket has vanished as if it had been closed. No mail, no update. I would like to know if a ticket is automatically closed after a while, even when no answer has been given ?
8 REPLIES
mrchalk
Grafter

PN closed my ticket ?

did you check your closed tickets?
N/A

PN closed my ticket ?

Yes and the ticket is closed with this last explanation :

"Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 6:02am, Friday 30th June 2006
Question closed automatically after 14 days of inactivity."

But PN has not solved or given a satisfying follow up to my initial question.

So it seems that they just have to wait and all tickets will be automatically closed. I have worked in several support centres as network and system admin, and tickets could not be closed as long as the problem was not solved !
Community Veteran

PN closed my ticket ?

Yes, this is an annoying aspect of the ticket system.

If PN reply to your message, it starts a 14 day timer and it becomes closed. :x

So sometimes, you end up updating the ticket asking for a response to keep the ticket open ...

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
mrchalk
Grafter

PN closed my ticket ?

There you go then, theres your answer. Open a new ticket and update it before 14 days to keep it open & keep updating it to make sure it stays open. What a joke, but looks like youre going to have to do it! Sad
N/A

PN closed my ticket ?

Clever thing is that the Questions system has removed all mention of the 14 days that an inactive ticket will get closed, where as the old Contact Us system used to add that bit of text just below your ticket so that you knew that it'd close if you didn't do anything within 14 days.

I've raised the fact that (as I had a ticket close on me and I wanted to know why) the tickets don't have this text, and after getting a couple of useless answers I finally got told they'd pass the feedback on. Nothing has happened though, so I don't know if the feedback was passed on or not....

For reference (and a laugh, because the replies are a bit ridiculous) here's the ticket text:

Why has ticket _____ been closed due to "inactivity"?

The new "my questions" makes absoloutely no reference to a time limit on responses to ticket replies any more, compared with the old system which used to do so.

******* CSC Agent 4:04pm, Wednesday 24th May 2006
Dear **********,
Questions will close due to inactivity, after 14 days.

Our average responce time to Questions is around 8 hours.

Responce times can be viewed here:

http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212

Regards,

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Your comment 6:16pm, Wednesday 24th May 2006
Right, ok, that's great, thanks for that info.

However, nowhere on the new "My Questions" system does it mention that tickets will automatically close after 14 days of inactivity, and because I've just started a new job I'd not had as much time to look in to the specifics of the response to give a reply, and hadn't "rushed" to give a response because there was no deadline to do so.

If there's a 14 day cut off for replies, why doesn't the new Contact Us system say so?

******* CSC Agent 3:29am, Thursday 25th May 2006
Dear **********,
Tickets have always closed off if no activity is made within 14 days. This is not a new introduction.

Regards,

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Your comment 6:46pm, Thursday 25th May 2006
I know that tickets on the *old* system used to close after 14 days of inactivity, and there was text on the page to say so.

The *new* system doesn't make any mention of the 14 days. You've introduced a new system, and not included some pretty vital text. I trust it'll be added back urgently (within a couple of days)?

******* CSC Agent 4:12am, Friday 26th May 2006
Dear **********,
There was actual a problem with the old system that stopped tickets from closing in 14days. As far as i am aware the new system should be the same and close within 14days.

Regards,

Your comment 10:33pm, Sunday 28th May 2006
I'm confused.

What has a problem with the OLD system not closing tickets within 14 days, got to do with the NEW (and current) system lacking the text about tickets auto-closing after 14 days of inactivity?

The new system needs the text about tickets requiring a reply within 14 days or they'll be closed, adding back to it. Please get it added. If you can't get it added back, please escalate this ticket to someone who can and more importantly, will.

******* CSC Agent 11:09pm, Sunday 28th May 2006
Dear **********,
Many thanks for your comments regarding this issue, we appreciate your feedback.
I will submit your idea internally to the relevant department.
Regards,

How did the 2nd and 3rd agent totally miss the point, and the 1st agent quoted times which were miles out of the timing that they'd kept to with the ticket reply anyway... comical!
N/A

PN closed my ticket ?

Only taking 4 agents to begin understanding what the customer is talking about is pretty good with plusnet at the moment though, you should be more than happy with that responce (sic).
Community Veteran

PN closed my ticket ?

This does highlight yet again the problems with the question/ticket system which have been on-going for some time now.

Automated ticket closures have always been there when the ticket has been returned to the customer. This is to ensure tyickets don't remain open when customers forget to close it after an issue/question has been resolved. This is common practice with most ISP ticket systems.

But, often it is not obvious that the ticket has actually been returned to you and thus the 10 day timeout can occur without you realising it. One clue (again which is not always adeered to by CS) is when CS pass the ticket internally between depts, it will have INTERMAL or some indicator that it was an internal transfer. If you don't see any wording like that the chances are it has been returned to you and you need to pass it back by replying.
N/A

PN closed my ticket ?

Only taking 4 agents to begin understanding what the customer is talking about is pretty good with plusnet at the moment though, you should be more than happy with that responce (sic).

Absoloutely. 4 agent replies in 4 days, and the ticket was effectively dealt with and I closed it. If only they could all be that quick :?