cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN: News required on outage refund policy!

N/A

On Friday 11 Aug there was a note within a Service Status posting (http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1155316772.htm)

which said that:

Automatic credit policy for customers who have had more than 7 days downtime as a result of a transfer to LLU...We intend to start a process next week of crediting any customer affected by more than 7 days downtime as a result of a move to LLU. This will be an automated process for customers with connectivity faults open for longer than 7 days since we began the process of LLU transfers. Credit will only be applied once a fault has been resolved. Complete details of how this process will work will be published as an update on Wednesday next week

I'm not sure why this was buried within a service status message, but in any case Weds has been and gone and there has been no further mention as far as I can see.
10 REPLIES
N/A

Could a member of PN staff please update on this - I have of course asked through the Question channels without any response.
N/A

Have you had any reply on this via the ticket system yet?
James
Grafter

Hi there,

We were looking at trying to get this information out at the end of last week, but unfortunately other things took priority.

We'll be looking at announcing this over the course of this week, and I'd suggest that you close the ticket, as the information you are seeking isn't presently available.
N/A

It was a reasonable question which many subscribers must be asking.

A definite date of the 11th Aug has now become a vague perhaps by the 26th Aug.

I can't close the ticket as it hasn't been answered to my satisfaction; I would be very grateful if you could please escalate within the company until there's a definite answer. Thanks.
James
Grafter

Hi there,

I wasn't saying it wasn't a reasonable question, of course it was as you had been affected.

I'll post any information regarding refunds in here once the process has been clarified.
Ianwild
Grafter

It's completely my fault that we haven't got this info out.

We're in the middle of making some internal re-organisations (Moving experienced people into new teams within the CSC, from teams like Marketing, Content and a few other areas) and that consumed huge amounts of my time last week.

I know it's not a good ebnough excuse, and while I'd like to give you all the information I have now, it's in an internal documentation format that needs a fair bit of work to explain.

In short though, we will be applying automated credits to anyone who had an LLU related transfer connectivity fault that lasted for more than 7 days. If you do have any urgent questions in relation to that, between myself and James we will get answers for you ASAP. Otherwise I'm sorry that we set the wrong expectation here (I'm most determined that we stop doing that) - and the info will be made available as soon as we can.

Cheers,

Ian
N/A

I appreciate your response and have now seen the update. However, it does rather beg the question:

What happens if a fault is not resolved before a customer leaves?

I'm rapidly approaching a month without any service at all, which I am still paying for. I cannot wait much longer.

Perhaps you could also consider what Plusnet's policy on migration back from LLU policy is, as this seems to be another key issue still to be given the attention it needs.
Alecto
Grafter

I'd suspect that people don't want money back, they'd rather not have the downtime in the first place.

What is so hard about simply switching people back to the BT service as soon as they've been down a day?

Heroism and pioneering are all very well, but that's now what people want from their ISP. Who exactly gets brownie points from a customer finally getting a working LLU service after three weeks or more offline?
Ianwild
Grafter

I'd suspect that people don't want money back, they'd rather not have the downtime in the first place.

What is so hard about simply switching people back to the BT service as soon as they've been down a day?

Hiya,

It takes a couple of weeks to switch people back, costs £47 and so far our experience is that this isn't a nice process and is prone to failure at BTs side. It is something we have been doing for some customers, but it just isn't clean-cut. When LLU works right, it seems to work very well generally...

I coulden't agree more that it would be better for people to have a working service - We're doing our best to make that happen!

What happens if a fault is not resolved before a customer leaves?

We'd need to look at that on an individual basis, because that isn't something we can automate.

Ian
N/A

All I can say is that if you'd started the migration process a week ago, and spent that 47 quid, rather than avoiding my questions on the subject, perhaps I would not be about to cancel my non-functioning account, requesting of course that you waive your one month notice period.

You've had almost a month now and when that month is up, I will be 22 pounds out of pocket on fees paid but no service delivered, and as understand it, I will then suffer extra downtime during the cease and provide process, and will need to find the 47 pounds myself -- both of these as a direct result of being moved to LLU.