cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN Blackholed

N/A

PN Blackholed

Due to the recent email situation, PN has now found itself blacklisted:
IP address 212.159.14.212 found in DNS blacklist Distributed Sender Blackhole List - unconfirmed

IP address 212.159.14.213 found in DNS blacklist Distributed Sender Blackhole List - unconfirmed

I am now in the situation of allowing PN servers through to my clients mailserver and risk getting whacked. I have to do this because some of there clients are PN customers.
I would like to know how PN are going to get of the list?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

PN Blackholed

First make them aware via a ticket with details of the blacklist it is on and they will investigate.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

PN Blackholed

Indeed.

I would raise a ticket if you haven't done already.

Also, don't be too quick to assume that this has anything to do with the recent spam problems. The incoming spam will have nothing to do with the servers you have listed which are our outgoing relay servers.

A customer infected by a virus/trojan would much more likely find that email was being sent from their machines via direct SMTP connections and not using our relay servers either.

I'm pretty sure these two incidents are unrelated.

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

PN Blackholed

Ticket raised, still no response 12 hours later?
Community Veteran

PN Blackholed

Depending on the blocking company it can take days to resolve. Also PN is still heavily involved in the security incident so things will be taking longer to sort out than normal.
Mand
Grafter

PN Blackholed

Hi there,

I've passed your ticket to the networks team to get this issue resolved.