cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLusNet account access from Overseas IP address query?

N/A

With all the webmail problems PlusNet blocked all access to their systems from overseas / Non UK IP addresses. Has this access now been restored as promised? I cannot find any mention of it searching the forums.
Reason I ask is that I work up in Aberdeen and offshore for an American oil company with servers that use non UK IP addresses for external internet access. Last time I used it about three weeks ago it was blocked due to the ongoing webmail problem. Will be up there later this week and hoped things would be back to normal. (Asking this now while still at home as I wont be able to gain access to ask if still blocked!)
3 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

The restrictions are still in place at the moment. I'll see if I can get an approximate date of removal for these for you today.

You can access webmail from any IP by browsing directly to webmail.plus.net, and then logging in as normal.
N/A

Thanks Mand, would appreciate some idea of when access allowed again. No probs with getting access to e-mails as various means of external access. Just like to look into the forums, portal and my account etc. to see what is happening.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

It's likely that access will be restored when we have implemented additional security checks for logging into the portal.

This is being specced at the moment so I wouldn't expect it to be too long before it's live (although there's no confirmed date at the time of writing).

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵