cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLUSNET STILL SENDING OUT VIRUSES

Grimbo
Grafter

PLUSNET STILL SENDING OUT VIRUSES

After reporting this yesterday and being promised that it was being sorted, I have received another copy of the Klez virus directly from Plusnet.

The engineer I spoke to told me they were aware of it and were sorting it. He also told me they would warn users about it... I have yet to hear anything!

Anyone reading this who doesn't have a virus checker... get one pronto!!!
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: PLUSNET STILL SENDING OUT VIRUSES

> After reporting this yesterday and being promised that it was being sorted, I have received another copy of the Klez virus directly from Plusnet.
>
> The engineer I spoke to told me they were aware of it and were sorting it. He also told me they would warn users about it... I have yet to hear anything!
>
> Anyone reading this who doesn't have a virus checker... get one pronto!!!

Hi there,

Can you send me the full headers from the mail, I will take steps to resolve this.

Regards,
Mike

--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

There are times when viruses can disguise themselves as Email addresses found on the host computer's cache. So, if you have previously viewed an Email address online, or have had Email correspondance with source A and have received a virus onto your computer from source B, the source B virus can appear to be from source A.

Just a thought.
Grimbo
Grafter

Yea, thanks Joel, I do know that, but the good people at PlusNet have admitted that they were aware of the problem and promised to look into it.

Some of the emails were addressed to my 'postmaster' address, an address that only Plusnet ever use... so, although the virus may not have come 'from' them, it certainly must have come 'through' them.
N/A

> Yea, thanks Joel, I do know that, but the good people at PlusNet have admitted that they were aware of the problem and promised to look into it.
>
> Some of the emails were addressed to my 'postmaster' address, an address that only Plusnet ever use... so, although the virus may not have come 'from' them, it certainly must have come 'through' them.

Hi there,

I've replied to your ticket, thanks for taking the time to send me the headers in.

Regards,
Mike

--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----