Did you mean: 

PLUSNET SCARE TACTICS

N/A

PLUSNET SCARE TACTICS

D I S G U S T I N G !!!!
4 REPLIES
N/A

PLUSNET SCARE TACTICS

I think it is disgusting that instead of just cancelling my account, as I asked.

SOme member of the plusnet staff decided to post me this reply, Obviously supposed to be internal.

----------------------------------------------------
** INTERNAL **

As advised by NM.

Please investigate our legal stance RE: Consumer Credit Act 1974 & Online Trading Regs. Account created on Monday, Canx received Thursday. Line migrated Friday. Account activating Saturday.

Regards,
Michael Peachey

----------------------------------------------------

This is just scare tactics aimed at trying to force me into staying. It is rude and insulting.

After working for several ISP's I know that any INTERNAL message should not be sent to customer.

This will be my last post. I will now be taking legal advice and will refrain from posting here again.

PLUSNET: This is disgusting that your staff behave this way.

I have cancelled my credit card and will cancel any direct debit requests made by you.

YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED ME ANY SERVICE YET AND I DO NOT WANT YOU TO.

Annette
Community Veteran

PLUSNET SCARE TACTICS

Any communication whether it is internal or direct to the customer related to the ticket problem/question has always been recorded in tickets / questions so you and PN see the full picture and all actions taken.

As you have not posted the rest of the ticket (especially the bit that warranted that reply), it is difficult to comment just on the one answer. The CS agent is clearly acting on some question/statement earlier in the ticket and is requesting clarification from legal regarding the matter.

I don't see anything that is scary, rude or insulting in the reply. The CS agent is after clarification which seams a perfectly sensible approach when there are contractual issues involved. If you signed up for an annual contract for instance, and are trying to leave before that contract is fulfilled then there will be legal issues to clarify/solve which the CS agent is not trained for, thus seeks assistance from those who are.

There appears to be more to this than you are saying.
N/A

distance selling

So how do you make sure a customer does
not cancel a service contract after you have
started work?

If you wish to prevent consumers from cancelling
contracts once you have started work, you must
have their agreement to start and must provide
them with the required written information in
advance of your starting, including information
that their cancellation rights will end as soon as
you do start.
N/A

found on plusnet's old website

For all products

5.5 You may cancel the Service under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 within the first 7 working days from the day after this Contract is made, unless you use the Service within this time in which case you will lose the right to cancel at this time. In the event that you choose to cancel the Service, you will be liable for any costs incurred by us in the act of provisioning or supplying the Service to you.