cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLUSNET CAPTURES MY BROWSERS!!

SheffieldMike
Grafter

PLUSNET CAPTURES MY BROWSERS!!

It has taken me God knows how many tries over three days to send this message, since I can access almost every part of the 'net' except PlusNet (cf older thread "I'd love to use your portal . ." below).

When I try to access one particular page I am transferred every time to PlusNet's home page. I do not have this PlusNet page set as 'home' nor is it listed on my toolbar or bookmarks. The same thing happens whether I access from Netscape 6.1 or from IE 5.5; and whether I am using the FRIACO number or the 0845 number.

I know from contacts that other users (presumably non-PlusNet ones) do not have this problem and access the page in question without difficulty.

I am using a FRIACO Standard (Connect 15) account, logging on using a 56K modem from a 0114 BT code, operating under W98. I am not using any 'accelerators' apart from 192MB of memory and a 55MHz processor.

And - by the way - I would still hope that one day I could use "View My Useage" . . .

MIKE
--
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: PLUSNET CAPTURES MY BROWSERS!!

Good Evening,

What page is it that you cannot access?

The View My Usage is temporarily off line while we back up the session tables off one of the RADIUS servers. Once this has completed we can turn replication and reporting.

Once this has been completed the View My Usage will again show your usage.

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant   for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------
SheffieldMike
Grafter

> Good Evening,
>
> What page is it that you cannot access?
>
DUNCAN -

It has taken me five logins to get to respond to you - see "I'd like to use your portal . ." thread below.

Page concerned is -
www.digitalpages.co.uk/kirsty/

I know other users who presumably use other ISP's can access this page without problems.

At this rate I will be on another ISP soon too.

MIKE.
SheffieldMike
Grafter

DUNCAN -

Just done a comparison.

ClaraNet allows me to access Plusnet's portal and forum pages (and everyt other page I hve tested it on) without problems - compared to needing four or five separate login attempts using PlusNet connections.

And Claranet allows me to access the page quoted above too.

If this problem is going to take more than a few days to solve I will have to think hard about swapping ISP's. I am not going to pay for a service that doesn't work when the competition works first time.

MIKE
--
N/A

> If this problem is going to take more than a few days to solve I will have to think hard about swapping ISP's. I am not going to pay for a service that doesn't work when the competition works first time.

Hi Mike,

Try clearing your browsers cache and ensuring that 'auto login' is checked in your preferences. I have raised the problem internally regarding the offending website, I believe it is because the zone file is still on our DNS servers, I have passed this to the NOC for investigation.

Kind Regards,
Customer Support.

--
| Mike Grice........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------
N/A

> I have raised the problem internally regarding the offending website, I believe it is because the zone file is still on our DNS servers, I have passed this to the NOC for investigation.

As I suspected, the zone file was not deleted from our nameservers, so if someone was using them to query the zone/domain you had specified, they would retreive the old records. As there was no vHost in our webserver to match up with the domain request (as you had removed the domain) it pointed back to the default, the plusnet web page.

This has now been deleted at our end by the NOC. Once this has taken effect (the DNS refreshes at 4am) the domain will work as normal for you.

Kind Regards,
Customer Support.

--
SheffieldMike
Grafter

>
> As I suspected, the zone file was not deleted from our nameservers, so if someone was using them to query the zone/domain you had specified, they would retreive the old records. As there was no vHost in our webserver to match up with the domain request (as you had removed the domain) it pointed back to the default, the plusnet web page.
>
> This has now been deleted at our end by the NOC. Once this has taken effect (the DNS refreshes at 4am) the domain will work as normal for you.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Customer Support.
>
> --
> | Mike Grice........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------

I have had to log on via Claranet to send you this message - if I have to keep on doing this I might as well switch main providers. See earlier thread "I'd love to use your portal more . ."

Have checked out the offending web page via Plusnet and yes, it now loads OK. That is, OK in the context of ping times of 800-1300ms and a service which will not allow me to access Plusnet's own pages twice in one session, and won't allow replies to forum pages to be sent . . .

But thanks for your help,

An unhappy 'customer' -

MIKE
--
N/A

> Have checked out the offending web page via Plusnet and yes, it now loads OK. That is, OK in the context of ping times of 800-1300ms and a service which will not allow me to access Plusnet's own pages twice in one session, and won't allow replies to forum pages to be sent . . .
>
> But thanks for your help,
>
> An unhappy 'customer' -
>
> MIKE

Hi again Mike,

Please read and answer to the other thread you mentioned. The faster we get these details, the faster we can fix your problems, and the faster you change from an unhappy customer to a happy customer -- and that's what we're all about!

Regards,
Mike

--