cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLUS NET ACKNOWLEDGE 0808 DIAL UP FAILURE

N/A

PLUS NET ACKNOWLEDGE 0808 DIAL UP FAILURE

Hooorrraaayyyyy!!!!

At last, at last (I had to repeat it as it is unbelievable) Plus Net have acknowledged that there is a "problem" with the 0808 dialup for "some" customers.

So, if you complain about it and are told:

1. Raise A Ticket in the Contact Us section or

2. Is the engaged tone also applicable from a normal phone or

3. Any other silly time-wating excuse.

Then don't waste your time as this appears to be an automated response to get you off their backs for 24 hours (this is the time they will take to reply).

At last Plus Net Support are acknowledging to Duncan (previous thread) of a problem and, using scientific jargon unbeknown to me, they appear to be saying it'll be sorted out by Monday.

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW MR PLUS NET IS WHY YOU HAVEN'T RESPONDED TO MY THREADS OF THIS WEEK ASKING FOR A CREDIT FOR THE NOW 40 HOURS OF 0845 DIALUP I HAVE HAD TO USE?
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: PLUS NET ACKNOWLEDGE 0808 DIAL UP FAILURE

Good afternoon,
Customers with 0808-related problems are asked to perform multiple tests for a number of good and valid reasons. Indeed, a great number of 0808 issues reported to us as faults can be easily resolved by adjusting the customer's configuration, or contacting BT with regards to their local exchange.
The service issues highlighted in the Service Status section of the website are to highlight issues some customers may be having, and to reassure you we have acknowledged this and are working towards a resolution.
With regards to compensation, please be aware that your service is contended with other users and the service is therefore not guaranteed to be 100% available (although we do aim to reach this goal).
We understand your frustration and are working towards resolving any issues you may be having. Please try to post to already open threads instead of starting new ones as this dilutes the issue (and we would prefer to be able to respond and communicate in one place so that all the information is to hand).
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> Hooorrraaayyyyy!!!!
>
> At last, at last (I had to repeat it as it is unbelievable) Plus Net have acknowledged that there is a "problem" with the 0808 dialup for "some" customers.
>
:about time
my granny always said it sometimes takes a sledgehammer to crack a NUT.
>
>>
>.
>
>
>
N/A

> Good afternoon,
>
> Customers with 0808-related problems are asked to perform multiple tests for a number of good and valid reasons. Indeed, a great number of 0808 issues reported to us as faults can be easily resolved by adjusting the customer's configuration, or contacting BT with regards to their local exchange.
>
> The service issues highlighted in the Service Status section of the website are to highlight issues some customers may be having, and to reassure you we have acknowledged this and are working towards a resolution.
>
> With regards to compensation, please be aware that your service is contended with other users and the service is therefore not guaranteed to be 100% available (although we do aim to reach this goal).
>
> We understand your frustration and are working towards resolving any issues you may be having. Please try to post to already open threads instead of starting new ones as this dilutes the issue (and we would prefer to be able to respond and communicate in one place so that all the information is to hand).

I think users posting to the discussion forum would do this if instead of sorting by first post date you sorted them by last post date.

>
> Regards,
> Mike
>
> --
> | Mike Grice Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

oliverb
Grafter

I would add that my experience of the 0808 service is that it is very intolerant of line conditions. For example I have a line at work with a Mitel Euro/Smartroute box fitted for call discounts and I've found that despite claims by the telephone "supplier" to the contrary:

1 The supplier does not by default set "0808" as an excluded service. A similar thing happened with "surftime" and resulted in either the calls being billed at 50p/min or the calls were refused.

2 Modems take excessive time to equalise and only achieve 33k speeds.

My understanding is this stuff is completely beyond plusnet's control

> Good afternoon,
>
> Customers with 0808-related problems are asked to perform multiple tests for a number of good and valid reasons. Indeed, a great number of 0808 issues reported to us as faults can be easily resolved by adjusting the customer's configuration, or contacting BT with regards to their local exchange.
>
N/A

Hi,

Please keep an eye on our Service Status page for further updates regarding this issue. As soon as we have more information regarding this subject, we will update you. We pride ourselves on being an open and honest company that keeps its customers up-to-date with information as it becomes available.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----