cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PL have stopped MAX DSL upgrades!!

N/A

I've been pushing PL since March this year for my upgrade, and have received this reply to the last HD ticket that I raised. I just thought I would bring this to the attention of everyone who are waiting patiently to be upgraded.

Im afraid due to BT's MAX DSL service is not perfect we have stopped the regrades due to the service not being of a standard we see fit for our customers. As such until they and prove to use they can deal with the faults raise quickly or provide the service and some sort of agreed level we are not upgrading at the moment. We should hopefully begin later in the year.
4 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

sounds like it was written by John Prescott. :lol:
ceridwen
Grafter

Interestingly the failure rate of Tiscali migration failures according to PN's own FAQ is around 10%, and in some cases that can result in 6+ weeks of no connection, and the scripts for sending prior notice still isn't working (even though not giving 14 days notice is against the T&Cs), yet they aren't slowing that process down. Presumedly this is regarded as standard fit for customers?

Matthew
N/A

What's even more interesting to me is that I've spoken to Tiscali re me migrating to them, and they have told me that they are confident they can supply me with a fault free 8Mb line. I know it's all about sales pitch to try and lure you in, but if other ISP's can provide 8Mb connections to new customers, why can't PL sucessfully upgrade their existing ones :-( I have 2 friends in the area that are both with Tiscali and guess what, they have fully workings 8Mb connections!!
ceridwen
Grafter

Sorry, I was talking about the migrations to Tiscali Wholesale LLU - which isn't quite the same as Tiscali ISP.

Matthew