cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHP help?

N/A

PHP help?

Hi, I've designed a site that has all the files in *.php format, from index.php to whatever.php.

How do I upload my site so that the *.php files work? and also does my index page have to be index.html/htm, is there no way to set it so that index.php can be my index page?

From what i've gathered the webspace on force 9 is organised differently that on other web hosts, so that you have one server for standard files, and another server for script files? is that right?Huh
4 REPLIES
astarsolutions
Grafter

PHP help?

You need to upload your files to your cgi web server space.
Check your website settings (menu on the left) and make sure this is enabled, you will then be send connection and upload details .
N/A

PHP help?

Ok, so essentially do i treat the two different servers as one server? And use the CGI server to host my site instead. I ask this because my site structure is:

(Root)
index.php
example.php
etc.php..
--Images
--Css
--Connection
--etc
astarsolutions
Grafter

PHP help?

I have never really understood why they have set up their servers like this or how they should be used.
I don't see why you can't just use the cgi space for everything otherwise you will need to place absolute links into everything.

There are other posts on the forum about this so it is probably worth while having a look.
N/A

PHP help?

It does seem a very odd way to do things? why can't force 9 just have it normal ?