cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI modem install/uninstall info

N/A

PCI modem install/uninstall info

This is for anyone who fit pci adsl modems and have problems with Windows installing it's own drivers.
After the pc boots up it will find new hardware and install windows modem drivers.
All you have to do is uninstall the modem(drivers) and run the installer on the modem disk.
-------------------------------------------------
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: PCI modem install/uninstall info

> This is for anyone who fit pci adsl modems and have problems with Windows installing it's own drivers.
> After the pc boots up it will find new hardware and install windows modem drivers.
> All you have to do is uninstall the modem(drivers) and run the installer on the modem disk.
> -------------------------------------------------

Are you sure?
When reinstalling XP i had left my card in and it Didn't say it had found new hardware.
This is true on Windows 98/98se but not XP.
You do not get the option to on XP.
When you have no adsl card in system and already have XP running you simply fit card and run through wizard all is OK. BUT as i found out if you have to REINSTALL XP and DONT take pci card out it doesn't detect the hardware and give you the option to install your own driver
N/A

> > This is for anyone who fit pci adsl modems and have problems with Windows installing it's own drivers.
> > After the pc boots up it will find new hardware and install windows modem drivers.
> > All you have to do is uninstall the modem(drivers) and run the installer on the modem disk.
> > -------------------------------------------------
>
> Are you sure?
> When reinstalling XP i had left my card in and it Didn't say it had found new hardware.
> This is true on Windows 98/98se but not XP.
> You do not get the option to on XP.
> When you have no adsl card in system and already have XP running you simply fit card and run through wizard all is OK. BUT as i found out if you have to REINSTALL XP and DONT take pci card out it doesn't detect the hardware and give you the option to install your own driver
-------------------------------------
I use Xp.
If the modem is on the list of modems that is included in windows(XP)then it should find and install it.
If the modem is NOT on the list then Windows XP will not find it.

N/A

After more investigation i have learned that there is a problem with the ADSL Conexant pci modems and Windows XP, missing icons and bad installs. What you say is probably true with most modems BUT this make seems to causing all the problems.
N/A

Kev
Thanks for the feedback. Everything you have said i have done myself and again over the phone with tech support. Nothing worked until i took the card out and left it out until XP was up and running.
Like i said I think it is the poor modem card.

Was thinking about using a 4 Port Belkin adsl gateway router that has been given to me. Have you come across any problems that i may have setting 3 pc's up with this? 2 of them are XP and 1 is 98se.
N/A

Conexant modems always play up.
Regarding the other,no,you should be ok doing that.