cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG regrade results in speed drop?

N/A

Hi,

Regraded to PAYG from Premier last week.

Only just realised that the speed quoted in Connection settings -> Your High-speed Broadband Service had dropped from 8000Kbps to 2000Kbps.

Rang Customer Support to ask what was happening to be told that as I had downgraded my account (I thought it was a regrade) the speed was dropped! Apparently due to the regrade there was no delta report on my line so my 8000Kbps was dropped to 2000Kbps! As I keep my router on all the time it still says its syncing at 8000Kbps.

When I asked the CS rep why I wasn't told about this the reply was 'well you didn't ask'! Surely the regrade process should have informed me this was going to happen? Surely the CS rep shouldn't be so rude! To top it all he would only mark the speed up to 4000Kbps rather than 8000Kbps.

Has this happened to anyone else on a regrade?

John

PS. Plusnet your really going for me this week aren't you.
8 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

We currently have an open problem on this.

When you change account type it resets your speed profile to 2Mb until we get another delta report from BT (in which case it goes back up).
N/A

When you change account type it resets your speed profile to 2Mb until we get another delta report from BT (in which case it goes back up).

So why the hell don't you tell anyone!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Shame you didn't read the last section of my post Changing to PAYG which is linked from the Index of useful links sticky at the top of this forum (it's also linked from my signature - I'm going to change my sig. to make it more obvious).

I added a paragraph at the end to cover this exact problem.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Shame you didn't read the last section of my post Changing to PAYG which is linked from the Index of useful links sticky at the top of this forum

Ahhhh! Now he tells me. Cheesy

Sorry elvin, as far as I see it a lot of people don't use the forums and those that do don't read everything (like me). Surely it's up to Plusnet to ensure that this information is given out during the regrade process preferably before the customer commits. After all it is only a simple change to put a warning up on the web page during the regrade process, or perhaps Plusnet don't want to put people off Wink .

John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Surely it's up to Plusnet to ensure that this information is given out during the regrade process preferably before the customer commits.

I totally disagree with you there.

They shouldn't put up a warning - they should make sure it doesn't go wrong in the first place!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
mcsheepie
Grafter

I've had a similar problem. I'm stuck on 2000k at the BT end, but the stable rate at plus's side says 8000 and i'm syncing at 8128. (there is an open ticket for this, just hasn't been looked at yet)
If it is the same problem why was i told to do even more speed tests? How would they fix anything?
Liam
Grafter

Nope, what is being discussed here is a seperate problem. This concerns a speed restriction at our side. The BT IP Profile is something seperate and it looks like our faults guys are dealing with this for you.