cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG pricing

channel
Grafter

PAYG pricing

My mother is having trouble with Wannapoo's dial up service so I am trying to convert her to plus net. Trouble is, nowhere on the product information pages is there any pricing information. (It says priced "as a local call" on one page and "from 1p per minute" on another.)

What would the pricing be from a standard BT line?
10 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

PAYG pricing

For a PAYG account on standard pricing I think its:

4ppm (Mon - Friday 8AM - 6PM)
1.5ppm (6PM - 8AM)
1ppm (Weekends)

It should be exactly the same as Wanadoo for PAYG.

You can also add the number to Friends adn Family.
Community Veteran

PAYG pricing

Local call ratings from any BT / telewest / NTL / kingston phone line. This can be discounted if you are on any special call schemes or use a different call provider or friends and family numbers (do they still have that service?)

Chris
N/A

PAYG pricing

You need to contact BT for this information.

PlusNet use an 0845 number for the PAYG service. This is classed as a lo-call number, and is comparable with local rates.

However, many providers including BT, charge more than local rates for calls to this type of number.

PlusNet do not set the calls costs for this number, BT or whichever provider you are with does.
channel
Grafter

PAYG pricing

You need to contact BT for this information.

Fair enough. Pardon me for asking.

I wonder why plus net feel they can say "from 1p per minute" on the front page?
N/A

PAYG pricing

Ummmm... presumably because that's what you'll pay? Am I missing something?
csogilvie
Grafter

PAYG pricing

Because BTs standard cheapest price is 1ppm.
channel
Grafter

PAYG pricing

Ummmm... presumably because that's what you'll pay? Am I missing something?

I rather think you are.

Anyway, like I said, pardon me for asking. I'll look elsewhere, where the charging is transparent.

Edited to add:

This looks like it will do the trick

http://www.btyahoo.com/internet/prices
N/A

PAYG pricing

That's no more transparent than Plus Net, as you'd notice if you bothered to read the small print:

** Different charges may apply depending on your telephony provider, A minimum charge of 5p applies

Charging isn't 'transparent' because it's not Plus Net who're billing you - it's your telephone company. This is the same with any PAYG ISP.
Community Veteran

PAYG pricing

The charges are the same,
in any case they are charges by your phone supplier not PlusNet, therefore they can not show details of prices which as I said vary from supplier to supplier and if you have any discounts as stated on that BT page as well.

Chris
jberry
Grafter

PAYG pricing

Hi there,

As other people have said, the reason that we do state the exact pricing on the website is because it differs from phone provider to phone provider. BT's stardard pricing is as stated on their website - but there are now loads of phone operators (the ones that piggyback their service onto the infrastructure providers like BT) who may charge less or more for 0845 calls.

If we say "it will cost 2p a minute" but your phone provider charges you 5p a minute we can then be done for false advertising - hence the inherent vagueness.

Regards,