cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG: no external connection - allowance extended - VMBU dis

aeroalfie
Grafter

PAYG: no external connection - allowance extended - VMBU discrepancy?

On 10GB PAYG deal - I have a VMBU tab still open from before midnight (about 11.30pm) paid for usage is 9.25GB total usage is 35.33GB.
Paid for usage is 9.25GB but again I have the message “You have exceeded your allowance (10GB). Your usage has been extended by 1GB - charged at £1.25 on your next bill (£1.25 per 1GB).” making my paid for allowance up to 11GB - something that shouldn’t happen seen as I have the price of my account entered into Data Transfer Watch.
At about 11.50pm I noticed all access to external websites was denied and that I could only navigate around PN site - just after 12 (off peak) access to external sites was still denied.
It’s now almost 5am and you guessed it still no access to external sites looking at an updated VMBU my paid for usage is 0KB total usage is 35.4GB.

At first I thought maybe Data Transfer Watch has messed up and i gone over 10GB - but then if it messed up why cant I access any external sites?

If you compare total usage figure first 35.33GB updated now 35.4GB add the difference to my paid for usage 9.25GB I’m still under my 10GB paid for usage?

So what’s going on?

Screen of both VMBU are available.

Here is what it says when I try to access external sites.

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://start.mozilla.org/firefox?
The following error was encountered:
Access Denied.
Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.
Your cache administrator is webmaster.

Generated Sat, 29 Apr 2006 03:52:05 GMT by ptb-proxy02.plus.net (squid/2.5.STABLE12)

I get this message with firefox and IE. :?
9 REPLIES
aeroalfie
Grafter

Hello me again, still no external website connection Sad i been waiting over 10 hours now :x
N/A

Hi

It may possibly be due to the old problem between the view my usage and data transfer watch scripts not synchronising.

See this thread .

And here also.

It can be fixed manually by PlusNet if you can catch the attention of one of the CS people. I hope you don't have to wait as long as I had to.

Good luck.
aeroalfie
Grafter

Hi thanks for the links theattic.

Strange thing is I don’t get the “increase you data transfer watch amount to keep browsing” page - another oddity is that according to the difference in total usage amount I am/was still within the my 10GB monthly limit yet I have been billed for extra bandwidth upto 11GB
Today is my billing date so maybe that has some connection to the this matter - I have raised a ticket some 12 hours ago where it said tickets are taking 1 hour and 36minutes or near abuts to resolve - but still no reply.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

It should fixed in terms of you being able to connect a view sites (you'll need to disconnect and reconnect first).

I need to look at the account a little later on after the billing run is complete to check that it's updated VMBU and the data transfer watch correctly.
aeroalfie
Grafter

thanks Dave. Smiley
N/A

Hi
I have also been experiancing the same problems since my billing date on the 28th.

I raised a ticket at 10.10am on the 29th which has still not been answered
can somebody please tell me what's going on?
aeroalfie
Grafter

Mwoodley:
There must have been some kind of blip in the system - my account is back to normal, no charges for any extra bandwidth etc showing up.
N/A

aroflie;

Thanks for your reply, my ticket has just been returned stating there is a problem with the radius server thinking I was in failed billing mode :!: and normal service will be resumed in 2 hours Smiley
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but if you disconnect and reconnect you should be back online. I'll take a look into what happened and see what I can find out.