Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG - misleading page?

Eserim
Rising Star

PAYG - misleading page?

http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/broadband_payg.shtml

Now to me the comments of

What’s more, our great-value limited offer bundle gives you 10GB of broadband usage each month, plus free Evenings & Weekends calls.

And the
Only £14.99 a month

graphic would indicate that the 10GB is £14.99 - if the graphic said "FROM £14.99" it may be clearer.

Or am I missing something, has the price of the 10GB package come down to £14.99.

It seems that the only way from this page to find the cost of the 10GB is to sign up.

Or am I wrong again Cheesy

Chris
15 REPLIES
N/A

PAYG - misleading page?

I would have to agree with you on that point. That page to me says that the PAYG package with 10GB of data and calls etc is just £14.99 a month.

I think this is a little misleading and should either show from or the correct price.
Eserim
Rising Star

PAYG - misleading page?

or I could sign up and demand 10GB for £14.99 as stated.

You'd thought +net had learnt from the "unlimited connectiion" pages to check what they say on their pages.
JonathanW
Grafter

PAYG - misleading page?

The page does state that the 10GB of Data Transfer is included the Smart Deal and says that more information is available on the following pages. Though the page could probably be made a little clearer.
Eserim
Rising Star

PAYG - misleading page?

Jon

But it doesn't indicate that the £14.99 isn't the "smart deal"

So can you post the URL of one of the "following pages" I certainly couldn't find any!

Cheers

Chris
JonathanW
Grafter

PAYG - misleading page?

If you go back to the page linked in your initial post and hit Proceed, it will ask for a BT number and then give you more details about the two different PayG offers that we have in place at the moment.
Eserim
Rising Star

PAYG - misleading page?

Not if you're logged in as an existing customer you don't I get

http://www.plus.net/products/upgrade/cbcupgrade.html

So no indication to me that I can't swap my Plus for PAYG 10GB for £14.99. So please can this be made to happen - upgrade to PAYG 10GB for the advertized £14.99.

Cheesy
JonathanW
Grafter

PAYG - misleading page?

Well, I could move you over at £14.99 but then I'd have to charge you the £99.99 special moving accross fee Smiley

But I'll take a look at the page in question, as I'm only on a dialup account here so don't always get to see the exact same pages.
Community Veteran

PAYG - misleading page?

Jon I thought you and Dave got super duper 80million gig unshaped connections that steal bandwidth from other when you need it :lol:

Oh sorry when you said dial up you did mean you 80million gig connection :lol:
Eserim
Rising Star

PAYG - misleading page?

nothing to do with how you connect - I'm at work connected via a massivelly fast dedicated line, but as my ACCOUNT says I have BB Plus then you have some logic behind the proceed button that says I must be after a re-grade, rather than just trying to find out the prices.

Chris
JonathanW
Grafter

PAYG - misleading page?

Nah, staff accounts aren't that good, we only get 40 million gigs before a bit of shaping kicks in.

But when I said I was on a dialup account, I mean I'm logged into the portal using a free account as my staff account is under a different username.

I've logged into the portal with a broadband account, and still can't find anything that is misleading. Instead of taking you to a product details page, if you're already on broadband it takes you to a page with a drop down menue that lists all of the available packages that you could upgrade to. All the proceed button does in this case is take you to the list of packages, it doesn't actually carry out the account change.
N/A

PAYG - misleading page?

Going to the page

Hit proceed And there you find a drop down with all the prices for the diffirent packages 10GB special offer @ £19.99 .at the top .Not that I would ever use the free calls . Don't see what the special offer is maybe untill you went further in ,is it still the free evening weekend calls.
Eserim
Rising Star

PAYG - misleading page?

I still get

From the initial "proceed" and reluctant to hit the next proceed as I don't know when it is binding on me to upgrade!

Chris
N/A

PAYG - misleading page?

hit go the next page gives you the options to choose how much data at diffirent prices then I think you would be commited if you hit that proceed but not sure .Alternatly in the box on the page with the drop down at the bottom of it ,it has a view all options link goes to a page with whats what.
Studio_Two
Grafter

PAYG - misleading page?

I also think it should say FROM.. £14.99

Thanks,
Stephen