cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG getting priority on the MAXDSL upgrade

carpangler
Grafter

Well, I've just received an email from F9 management (presume it went to all F9 customers) saying that PAYG get priority on the upgrade as they've been listening to customer feedback!

If you want it faster you can queue jump according to the mail. Well, I've selected that as I presume EVERYONE will. All it seems to have done is raise a ticket that says it will be answered in about 1.5 hours. Does this suck or what!

Am I missing the point or does F9 not give a dam. Has anyone else got this mail and how do you read into it. Cheesy

By the way I'm on Premier Option 1, not PAYG. It appears to me to be in th einterest of F9 to upgrade payg customers as in the end they can make more money than those that are paying a fixed fee.
16 REPLIES
dstokoe
Dabbler

I've got it too and done the same - so I'm now a PAYG/passed billing date/1998/asked for queue jump customer :lol:

I'm giving F9 a chance and at least they look like they've eventually thrashed out a plan, so hats off to them for that and I'm hoping it's workable. They had painted themselves into a corner to a certain extent and, like most people, it's not the fact we are having to wait for a free speed upgrade just the silence after it all appeared to be going wrong.

Fingers crossed Smiley
N/A

The whole thing seems to be an admission that they really didn't have any idea at all of what order the regrades were being submitted, so now they're just doing it as a free-for-all, so that those that are really bothered can get it quickly and the rest of the people can wait patiently.

They really ought to have just done this from the start, rather than lying about "rewarding customer loyalty".

Still, too little too late for me, my migration completes on May 3rd.
astarsolutions
Grafter

They really ought to have just done this from the start, rather than lying about "rewarding customer loyalty".

They didn't lye about anything it was just a big messed up list.

Imagine a list of all there customers then then sorting it by

Length of time they had been with ISP
Business customer vs Residential customer
What package they were on
Their billing date

And then you would have to weight each of these factors according to priority

And then don't forget that you couldn't get all of them though on their billing date so some would be put through separately and some would be left to the next billing date.

After all this you would end up with a list ordered in a seemingly random way.
N/A

And the people who should have known that it would end up random anyway? Hence my point that the "customer loyalty" thing was all a load of PR bulls**t in the first place.

I'm just bitter that myself and several of my friends and family have been with them for so long, and they seem to have totally forgotten about all of us.
JonathanW
Grafter

We are still planning to upgrade those people who've been with us for the longest on their billing dates. Though as with anything of this nature there are always going to be people who do want to queue jump, and we'll be handling both upgrade paths at the same time.
N/A

So the people who've shown the most loyalty will have to bumped down the queue somewhat to allow the queue-jumpers to be upgraded, surely?

How is that rewarding customer loyalty, exactly?

And it still doesn't explain to me how I, and quite a few other customers I know of with similar account creation dates were missed out from both the MaxDSL and product upgrades earlier in the month.

Edit: Ah, I've just seen this on another thread:

If this is ADSL Home Self-Install,then this is why you've not been contacted yet. As due to the age of this account it is being handled as a legacy account, which is why its not been changed over yet.

So I and many others are being penalised for our long service then?
N/A

They didn't lye about anything it was just a big messed up list.

Imagine a list of all there customers then then sorting it by

Length of time they had been with ISP
Business customer vs Residential customer
What package they were on
Their billing date

A few minutes work by anyone with even a basic knowledge of SQL.
N/A

We are still planning to upgrade those people who've been with us for the longest on their billing dates. Though as with anything of this nature there are always going to be people who do want to queue jump, and we'll be handling both upgrade paths at the same time.

Billing date came and went, member since '98 and still no details on the upgrade or the reason for its delay.

Last I heard F9/+Net were not contemplating a queue jump for anyone this time around.
astarsolutions
Grafter

A few minutes work by anyone with even a basic knowledge of SQL.

I never disputed that and I am sure that's what they did, what was saying was the resulting table wont resemble anything very recognisable.

Yes those loyal customers have been prioritised but so have other people.

The reason people haven't been upgraded on their billing dates is that they can only upgrade so many people each day, there will inevitably a lot of people who don't get upgraded on their set date they will then role over to the next month.
N/A

As stated categorically in the email sent out on 13th April:

We select customers based on those who are due to
be billed each day. Then out of these customers we select those who have
had a service with us for the longest period of time. An order for an
upgrade is then placed with BT.

I'm really not convinced someone with my account creation date would have been missed out. Whoever wrote the SQL query (or whatever language it was in) dropped the ball, since there are premier 2mbit customers with creation dates in 2005 who have already received their upgrades.

Hence, F9 were lying, in my opinion.
astarsolutions
Grafter

I'm really not convinced someone with my account creation date would have been missed out.

How did you work that out?

Lest say they have 100,000 customers (its actually a lot more than this), and lets say there are 31 days in the month, assuming they are evenly distributed they have to process 3225 accounts per day, I am fairly sure BT only lets them process 300!
N/A

And I'm pretty sure I'm in the top 10% of accounts, ordered by creation date.

Well done for totally ignoring the rest of my post, by the way.
N/A

Can i ask, what network/isp are you going to?
N/A

The discussion is a waste of time, as the goalposts have moved yet again (I suppose I should have expected this).

If only, when promises are made and expectations are pushed high, F9 could, for once, stick to their guns and deliver.