Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG & VMBU

Mand
Grafter

PAYG & VMBU

Hi guys,

Firstly sorry it took me so long to get an update.

As there were quite a few customers stating that they didn't have the new VMBU we completed a further audit of customers billed and whether they had been moved to the new platform or not, this threw up a number of users who appear to have been missed. All of these will be moved today.

In short this means that if you have already been billed this month you will have the new VMBU by tomorrow.

In addition I can confirm that ALL PAYG customers have free night time usage from April 1st, we have located an error where a number of customers have received emails saying that they have exceeded their usage, this will be resolved today and a further update supplied.
118 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

PAYG & VMBU

Any information as to when the new VMBU will be available to PAYG users who were billed earlier this month?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

PAYG & VMBU

I think they are still going through, Mand's asked for an update which we should have tomorrow.
N/A

PAYG & VMBU

Would that be tomorrow tomorrow or PlusNet tomorrow Dave? Wink
N/A

PAYG & VMBU

didnt you know John tomorrow never comes Wink
N/A

PAYG & VMBU

I get the feeling that they are working backwards through the dates, finishing on 1st April.

If not (and aPN re starting from 1st April) and if they are refreshing approx. 1000+ VMBUs per day, then there are an awful lot of people billed on the 1st April, some 6000+ customers (if we take the 7th being the official date of the new VMBU roll-out). Did I read somewhere that PN have 30,000 customers? So that's about one 5th of all their customer billed on a single day - surely not?

I don't see why those on the 3rd and 7th, or whatever other random dates, get their new VMBUs first and those that were billed the earliest seemingly have to wait the longest.

It's not the fact that we [those billed at the beginning of the month] can't use the free night-time usage - PN have said that they would put the usage into arrears - but the idea of the VMBU is to provide a peace of mind showing how much is available out of the free night-time hours.

Currently, I feel that I cannot use of the free night-time policy because I don't want to get caught short when it turns out that I've run out of bandwidth of my current 10GB allowance, and hence am charged the additional £1/GB (i.e. I feel restrained using my 10GB allowance because I don't know how much of it is actually free night-time usage and what is not).

Conversely, if I get the new VMBU late in the month and find that I haven't made good use of my 10GB allowance, then I will have wasted this month's payment on broadband - not exactly a good feeling for any customer.

Don't get me wrong, the actual broadband and quality of it is great - fast speeds and hardly any, if at all, disconnections. Downtimes seems to be resolved quickly and all sorts. But the actual VMBU roll-out is just an issue of management and project planning in a methodical (and most probably obvious) manner - that is, start from the beginning and work your way forwards.

steven
N/A

PAYG & VMBU

@mrjoll

If you're on the special 10Gb + Plustalk package, your 10Gb allowance are for Peak Time use. Any night time use after you're "repackaged" will not be included. But don't go over the 10Gb until you're sure you've been repackaged!

See why it was such a great offer in the first place?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

PAYG & VMBU

They have approaching 200,000 ADSL users and more on dialup.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

PAYG & VMBU

We have (as off last night) moved over all PAYG customers onto the new platform. You may need to reconnect to see the changes.
N/A

PAYG & VMBU

We have (as off last night) moved over all PAYG customers onto the new platform. You may need to reconnect to see the changes.

Cheers James - when you say new platform, do you mean a new VMBU or the free night-time usage platform, or both, or something else completely?

@udhiyana:
Yeah, I know that the 10GB is for peak time usage only (8am to 11:59pm for PAYG, I believe). And yes, I definately won't be going over the 10GB limit as it'll probably cause more hassle trying to get a refund for the "free night-time usage" (i.e. arrears, etc). But seeing as I've already taken much advantage of it in two days and the (old) VMBU reads 2GB for the rest of this month, it's just the random nature of the new VMBU roll-out that is annoying.
James
Grafter

PAYG & VMBU

Bothio Smiley
N/A

PAYG & VMBU

I see what you mean! I made a Bookmarks folder for nightime downloads when the move comes. Should be tomorrow for me, will be interesting to see if it happens ...

Having said that, I still haven't gone anywhere near the 10Gb in a month.
N/A

PAYG & VMBU

Cheers James,
I'm just eyeing it now, but still nothing at the moment. When you say 'reconnect', what I've done is:
a) disconnected my asdl connection and reconnected (still no new VMBU);
b) powered off my router and powered on again (still no new VMBU).

Is that right? I just want to make sure that I'm reconnecting properly.

Additionally, what is the new VMBU supposed to look like - is the difference between the new and old obvious at first glance (i.e. just going through to Connection Settings -> View My Usage)?
JonathanW
Grafter

PAYG & VMBU

Yes, powering down the router for five - ten minutes should have done the trick for you, as it will fully close off your existing connection and then establish a new one.

You'll be able to tell straight away when you go to the VMBU page, as there is quite a bit of difference between the style of the old one and the style of the new one.
Ziggur
Grafter

PAYG & VMBU

You'll be able to tell straight away when you go to the VMBU page, as there is quite a bit of difference between the style of the old one and the style of the new one.

Powered off. Powered on.
My VMBU has not changed.
It would by nice to know whether my free 24.00 - 08.00 package is active yet?