cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG VMBU tool

mitchell20
Grafter

PAYG VMBU tool

I'm seem to have just got the new version of the VMBU tool but I'm not impressed with it at all.

For a start it doesn't actually tell me how much usage I've got left. This info would be far more benificial for PAYG users.

The graph adds together both paid for and free usage - why? What happens when the graph hits my monthly limit? Even though I will have not gone over my paid limit the graph will say I have. Why add the 2 together for the graph?

I thought I was going to be able to see how much of what type of traffic as well? (ie email, web, FTP etc)
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

PAYG VMBU tool

I don't undertand your point about the graph.
My summary usage shows a stacked bar with the paid for usage in purple and the free usage in orange stacked above it. The table underneath gives the paid for usage, paid for allowance, free usage and total usage.
As far as FTP, P2P etc is concerned I don't think that was promised for PAYG as we pay for all of it, hence there is no separate allowance.
Community Veteran

PAYG VMBU tool

Calm down!

For PAYG accounts the VMBU tool shows the two most important items, the paid for allowance and paid for usage.

If your paid for usage exceeds your paid for allowance you can expect to pay more that month.

Do you really need to know more?

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Community Veteran

PAYG VMBU tool

My summary usage shows a stacked bar with the paid for usage in purple and the free usage in orange stacked above it. The table underneath gives the paid for usage, paid for allowance, free usage and total usage.

Oooo-eeer! My summary doesn't look like that!
I've got a bar going across the page as with the old VMU, but with the first larger bit on the left (paid for) in purple stripes and the smaller bit (free usage) following on in orange stripes, so I can instantly see the amount of paid for usage and total usage for the month without reading what's written in the table below. It says that the graph's scale will change as I use more but nothing about it changing shape/format.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
vic_newey
Grafter

PAYG VMBU tool

mines appeared different & the single bar shows usage up to 1 meg whilst before it showed up to 4 meg which is my paid for allowance.
It does say underneath that paid for allowance is 4 meg altho I only got billed for 1 meg so there's an error for a start
:roll:
Community Veteran

PAYG VMBU tool

Mine currently only shows 1GB but I expect it to jump to 2GB as soon as I reach 1GB. Then it will resemble the old VMU even more closely!
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

PAYG VMBU tool

Sorry for causing confusion.
I was using the term "stacked bar" in its technical definition where the free usage is stacked on top of the paid usage
Yes the free usage comes on the end (to the right) of the paid usage.