cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG VMBU? ERROR Hmmm

N/A

PAYG VMBU? ERROR Hmmm

Switched to PAYG yesterday after having had enough of poor speeds on Premier option 1

OOH how odd...... apparently I've used 66mb off peak overnight when i was away babysitting and my ROUTER WAS UNPLUGGED!!!!!! ( DG834G)

LOL LOL LOL...... as a size comparison, i'd used 54.71mb through peak time

I pulled the plug on my router at 7.30pm yesterday and only just plugged it back in today at mid-day. ( giving plusnet time to do whatever they might have needed to do re sessions etc )

Hmmm......thats a HUGE overhead if thats all it is.. and would amount up to 1.9Gig over a 30 day period ( albeit free , but thats not the point is it, which begs the question, how accurate is this PAYG VMBU when clocking up usage during peak pay for hours? )

ALSo.. why does the PAYG VMBU not show a break down of usage protocols like the premier option 1 VMBU ? it's be very handy to see where the overheads are going ( so i could choose which plusnet firewall option to enable )
13 REPLIES
The_10th
Grafter

Re: PAYG VMBU? ERROR Hmmm

ALSo.. why does the PAYG VMBU not show a break down of usage protocols like the premier option 1 VMBU ? it's be very handy to see where the overheads are going ( so i could choose which plusnet firewall option to enable )

I asked the same question and DTomlinson (PN Comms) states that the traffic for PAYG is via CBC and not the Ellacoya traffic shaping equipment. I believe that with PAYG it is probably more necessary to know where the useage is taking the bigger hits given that it cost more in real terms compared to Premier 1 for instance.

BTW, have the PN staff failed to reset the monthly VMBU traffic stats as mine haven't been so :?:
pacem
Grafter

PAYG VMBU? ERROR Hmmm

66MB that's nothing my PAYG meter shows I used 1.82GB over-night!

(I've raised a ticket, I assume its how much I used carried over from last month.)

Paul.<><
Mand
Grafter

BTW, have the PN staff failed to reset the monthly VMBU traffic stats as mine haven't been so :?:

Hi

Your bandwidth has not yet been reset as you have not yet been billed. I'm looking into why this is now.
Mand
Grafter

PAYG VMBU? ERROR Hmmm

66MB that's nothing my PAYG meter shows I used 1.82GB over-night!

(I've raised a ticket, I assume its how much I used carried over from last month.)

Paul.<><

Hi

You also have not yet been billed. I have raised a problem internally (39867) and will provide more information as I get it.
Mand
Grafter

Switched to PAYG yesterday after having had enough of poor speeds on Premier option 1

OOH how odd...... apparently I've used 66mb off peak overnight when i was away babysitting and my ROUTER WAS UNPLUGGED!!!!!! ( DG834G)

Hi

I've raised problem 39870 for investigation for you, and will let you know what the issue is as soon as this is addressed.

With regards the breakdown, PAYG usage is taken from a different system (and not the Ellacoya) which is why the more detailed information cannot be displayed.
The_10th
Grafter

PAYG VMBU? ERROR Hmmm

Thanks mandbeckett, will billing be retrospective?

I did raise a ticket last night regardng this btw but no response yet.

Smiley
Mand
Grafter

PAYG VMBU? ERROR Hmmm

Hi

I think its safe to say you will be billed. Smiley

Looks like the billing run started but didn't complete.

As soon as I hear anymore I'll let you know.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

PAYG VMBU? ERROR Hmmm

Mand, Just to add to the problem. I'm due to be billed tomorrow but I haven't had the

Email sent to xxxx informing user that that they will be billed on 2007-02-03

email - I've checked in My Questions and it's not there.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

PAYG VMBU? ERROR Hmmm

Hi John,

This will be related to the problem that we experienced yesterday.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

PAYG VMBU? ERROR Hmmm

Yesterday was the 1st. The email should have come to me the day before.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
The_10th
Grafter

PAYG VMBU? ERROR Hmmm

Just been billed Sad so assume the VMBU reset will take place later today and not charge me if I go over my pre-paid useage?
Mand
Grafter

PAYG VMBU? ERROR Hmmm

Hi

Yeah, your usage will be reset shortly. The billing run is almost finished, so I'd say it will be this afternoon.
N/A

PAYG VMBU? ERROR Hmmm

I'm impressed! Cheesy
I've got to thank mandbeckett personally for her phonecall to me earlier this evening.

It leaves me with a nice warm feeling inside knowing that CS are able to make the time to settle any worries or fears customers may have.

The odd 66Mb was explained very simply ( and it makes sense as I'd just switched products ) and it's not happened since then.

It's amazing how much faith a short phonecall can restore in a product and/or company.

Thankyou again. :mrgreen: