cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Usage Meter Conning Me

thehatman
Grafter

The PAYG meter tips over into extra pay-per-GB usage before I reach my included limit. Usually at 9.6GB (should be 10). It's not the two hour catch-up. And then PN says it can't can't refund the extra money.

Anyone else getting this. It's a shame because other things are good for me with PN at the moment.

I watch my usage and they keep tipping me over into spending more before I have really got there!
6 REPLIES
aeroalfie
Grafter

How do you know it’s not the catch up?
You should put the amount you want to spend into ‘data transfer watch’ then your account should cut out when it reaches what ever figure you put in..
Also best use an external usage monitor like ‘Netmeter’ as well.
thehatman
Grafter

I know it's not the catch up because over two hours after I am charged extra, the meter still says 9.6GB, not 10.

This is a definite issue. I get my "you have exceeded" emails before I have, way before.

This forces me to spend more even though I am carefully monitoring/budgeting my peak-time usage.

I want this sorted and a refund of the excess.
JonathanW
Grafter

I believe that Mand raised this as a problem on your behalf, hatboy, but I'm unable to find any referrence to it within the tickets on your account. So I'm going to flag this for her attention and she should be able to provide you with an update tomorrow.
thehatman
Grafter

If the month flips over at midnight then (just gone, my invoice date) I now seem to have been charged for some of my free.

If I am confused it's because I am losing trust in you again.

The other points in this thread are accepted by you (by phone).

I DO NOT want my invoice date moved again.

I expect a refund of the excess charges when you have fixee the accuracy of the meter.

Thank you.
Mand
Grafter

Hi

The issue has now been resolved, I have inspected your usage and see that you are entitled to a refund for overcharging of 2GB of bandwidth.

Once the payment on your account clears I will arrange for the refund to be applied to your account.
thehatman
Grafter

Thank you Mand.

I've noticed your name a lot recently. you seem to be one of the people who really cares and really gets things done for customers.

I appreciate it. (See I don't just moan at you).

Many thanks. Smiley

Out of interest, what was up with the meter and is it fixed for everyone now?