cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Smart Deal axed for all?

octafish
Grafter

I've just heard that even those that signed up for the PAYG 10GB Smart Deal in time before the offer was withdrawn have been told that no-one will now get it.

Could someone from PN please clarify what the state of play is and explain the reasons for what's going on?

Thank you.

Steve
24 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Could I ask where you heard this? As we've said since we launched the Smart Deal that anyone who changed to it would remain on the Smart Deal package for the life of their account, or until they switched to a different account.
octafish
Grafter

You recently requested to upgrade your product to our Special offer promotion, this was scheduled to be done on your invoice date, however unforeseen and unknown by us the promotion was then removed so were then unable to change your account type to this.

Can you please advise if you wish to remain on your current package or transfer to any other product.

Because of this if you wish to change to any other Residential account we will wiave the normal downgrade fee if you choose to downgrade as a gesture of goodwill.

Can you please let us know how you wish to proceed.

Regards,
xxxxxxx

2006-04-07
12:08:18
You
Assigned : What on earth is going on?

I signed up for this account well before the temporary offer was withdrawn, in other words I easily met the deadline. PlusNet was very clear it was a 'get it while it's hot' offer and wouldn't remain available but also made it clear to me personally that it would remain for those who had signed up in time.

Has that offer been withdrawn for everyone? I have it pending on another account also!

2006-04-07
12:11:45
xxxxxxxx
CSC Agent Actioned : Dear Mr xxxx,
This was only on offer for a limited time, and is no longer available. Please advise of an alternate choice, should you still wish to change

The quote above from our other account (igi45) shows this. I have removed all identifying details.

It's a bit alarming really.. Be grateful for your help.

Thanks.

Steve
N/A

It could still be ordered from the website, right up to the day of the "refresh" couldn't it?

Surely Plusnet must understand, that if it was available for order, customers might order it?

It seems unacceptable to me, to subsequently tell a customer who has ordered it within the offer period, that he/she can't then have it.
itchyfeet
Grafter

When I signed up for PAYG +10Gb offer I was upgraded within a couple of hours (from Broadband Plus).

Has the problem occurred because you were downgrading rather than upgrading?
JonathanW
Grafter

In this instance it would appear that for some reason your account wasn't changed over as soon as you requested the move, but was rather placed on hold to be carried out closer to your billing date. Unfortunately, between then and now, the package was removed which means that we can't move people on to it anymore.

I've just checked, and the option to change to the Smart Deal no longer exists internally either. So in this particular instance all I can do is apologise and advise that you take a look at the packages we now offer if you still wish to change your account type.

But any account that is already on the Smart Deal will remain on that package, as all we've done is stop people changing to it.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Suggestion: Put him on to ordinary PAYG with 10GB included, then give him some extra referral credits to bring the price down to the correct ammount.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
octafish
Grafter

This isn't very good is it?

I signed up for the Smart Deal on both the igi45 and octafish accounts. I was told via the contact ticket system that I / we would be regraded on the 2 respective billing dates.

This is clearly a PlusNet error and to be told that PlusNet can now do nothing about it just isn't on. We're currently on the 20:1 Premier variant. This showed that PN can make special arrangements.

My expectation is that PN will offer me a suitable set-up along the lines of what you offered and I accepted. Elvin's suggestion would be acceptable but this would have to apply to both the above accounts.

Thank you for getting back.

Steve
N/A

Nice to see a positive suggestion for Plusnet to consider, elvin!

Neil (Marketing Director) and Dave (Comms Team) have been on the forum in the past 24 hours, "making the right noises" about how Plusnet cares, and I see one of Plusnet's problems as being that they often don't make the effort to correct matters for the customers, after the apology has been made.

This is just the sort of issue, in my opinion, where Plusnet should be seeking a solution that is satisfactory to the customer, rather than taking a "can't be done" approach.

Otherwise, the words are of limited value.
Mand
Grafter

Apologies for the previous response, I have just raised an internal problem to get this resolved for you. You will be moved onto the PAYG smart deal as soon as possible and will receive an email confirming this.

This applies to octafish also.

Again I would like to apologise for the way this has been dealt with thus far.
octafish
Grafter

Thank you mandbeckett.

I would very much prefer to move to the PAYG Smart Deal as initially agreed on both accounts.

Things can always go wrong but it's the way issues are resolved that counts.

Thank you again.

Steve
Alecto
Grafter

Speaking as a cat lover, I'd like to say that whoever told Jon to give that original response, then allowed Mand to make him look a prat by overruling him and giving in, should be shot.
It is obvious to any sane person that the original response is ridiculous and could not be sustained, so why do Plusnet keep on doing this kind of thing?

Answers on a postcard please along with my free 240 minutes of Plustalk airtime.
passer
Grafter

Hear, hear.
Poor Jon - I hope you have a quiet word with someone in a dark alley about this.
Well done to Mand for picking up on it quickly and preventing another 12-page forum PR disaster.
Community Veteran

It is obvious to any sane person that the original response is ridiculous and could not be sustained, so why do Plusnet keep on doing this kind of thing?

Geoff no-one on here is sane Tongue
N/A

Have the comms team been seperated and told to sit in different buildings recently, or are all these communcation issues an unfortunate side effect of Stew moving on and up...

Glad to see that the OP's issue is going to be resolved though! Well done.