cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Newsletter Clarification

The_10th
Grafter

Anyone from PN know how the £1.50 per 2 GB useage will pan-out if customers are paying integer multiples of less than £3, i.e. £2, £4 etc?

Looks like a very good response from PN BTW so keep up the good work!

Smiley
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I'm still waiting to see the Newsletter!

I'd like to know how it's being handled and whether I need to change anything in my account details or if my payments will be reduced automatically
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
The_10th
Grafter

Here is part of the Newsletter:

"..Broadband Pay As You Go will be even better value this summer. If you’re using this service we’re doubling the included data transfer, so you'll have 2GB included each month instead of 1GB. We're also changing the way you buy extra data transfer, with additional usage sold in 2GB blocks for just £1.50 each - that's 25% off the previous price. The new prices will apply automatically, so you won't need to do anything to take advantage of these lower prices. All customers will have their accounts upgraded by the end of July...."
ferryman
Grafter

I'm still waiting to see the Newsletter!

I'd like to know how it's being handled and whether I need to change anything in my account details or if my payments will be reduced automatically

This is what the Newsletter says:
Get more for less with Broadband Pay As You Go from June

Broadband Pay As You Go will be even better value this summer. If you're using this service we're doubling the included data transfer, so you'll have 2GB included each month instead of 1GB. We're also changing the way you buy extra data transfer, with additional usage sold in 2GB blocks for just £1.50 each - that's 25% off the previous price. The new prices will apply automatically, so you won't need to do anything to take advantage of these lower prices. All customers will have their accounts upgraded by the end of July.

Make of that what you will!

I am currently on PAYG 1GB at £14.99 and paying an extra £1 for an extra 1GB. PN should give me 2GB included allowance and reduce my PAYG payment to £14.99 . Can someone from PN please confirm this is the case?
Community Veteran

Thanks, both Ferryside and Nolans, for quoting the relevant bit of the Newsletter. Looks as though I will need to pay extra for one more month then, as my next billing date is towards the end of June.

I am currently on PAYG 1GB at £14.99 and paying an extra £1 for an extra 1GB. PN should give me 2GB included allowance and reduce my PAYG payment to £14.99 . Can someone from PN please confirm this is the case?

This is exactly my situation and exactly what I would like to know!
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
The_10th
Grafter

No probs! No doubt it will all be revealed in due course...... :arrow:
N/A

I assume those who went onto the PAYG 19.99 account offering 10 GB will get 11 GB...
Community Veteran

Doubt it. It wasn't sold as "pay £15 for 1GB then £5 for an extra 9GB and VoIP", it was sold as "pay £20 for 10GB and VoIP" - which you'll still be getting. And personally, as a 10GB special offer customer myself, that seems fair!

Thomas
The_10th
Grafter

To get 10GB on the 'new' deal one would need to pay £20.99 per month, so £1 dearer.