cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Free night-time usage - is it currently available?

N/A

Hi all,

With all this upgrading and what-not, I just want to clear something up about the supposed free night-time usage for PAYG, and that is:

Is free night-time usage, for PAYG customers, currently in effect? That is, can I download between 12am and 8am, every night from 1st April onwards, without being charged (i.e. monetary payment)?

I am asking because I am currently downloading the majority of my need during these hours. Furthermore, I am assuming that it is okay to do so since reading a post from the Help & Support --> Service Status:

2006-04-07 13:02:17
...For PAYG customers, we are transferring all of those who have had a billing date since March 31st in batches of 1,000 per day. This means any of our PAYG customers already billed this month, will not be charged for any usage between midnight and 8am. All of our PAYG customers should be on the updated product by the end of this month, allowing them to receive free overnight usage. ...
[unquote]

If this is all correct, please could a member of Plus.Net state so. Or if there are exceptions, please could you detail them (e.g. if you're billing date was DD/MM/YY, then free usage is not available until.... etc etc). I'm a little worried as there has been no official email since the last email stating that 1st April onwards would allow free night-time usage, hence I am expecting Plus.Net to honour this new feature.

Thanks in advance,

Steven
35 REPLIES
N/A

There should be a ticket stating that you've been upgraded, at least I'd imagine there would be. It's got far too confusing (again) over the last few days with these changes, especially with respect to VMBU.
N/A

Thanks sietchtabr - it doesn't look like I've received a ticket regarding any upgrades, unfortunately.

Still, if possible, I'd like someone from the Plus.Net team to also respond to this issue. For the time being, I shall be presuming that there is free night-time usage until Plus.Net send out an official email (and not something that may be posted in the Service Status area or a forum thread).

The VMBU isn't really an issue, as I'd imagine that to be a separate project from the Free night-time usage policy. The new VMBU is just something a little more fancy and accurate than the old/current one, that is what I'm assuming, and I shouldn't think that getting the new VMBU will automatically put the Free night-time usage policy into effect (unless Plus.Net have come up with some wierd programming).

I'll turn it into an issue if Plus.Net don't honour what they have said in a previous email and Service Status post (the latter being quite hypocritical of me - oh well, can't have it both ways I suppose...)
aeroalfie
Grafter

"For the time being, I shall be presuming that there is free night-time usage"

I would advise against that, there is a thread down the page where another PAYG customer thought the same, only to find out (after downloading a large ammount) they did not have free off peak usage yet.
Community Veteran

As the existing PAYGO products have always had no free overnight downloading, that is the default you should be using. Only the new product has free downloading.
N/A

What is the new product for those of us on PAYG (10GB with plustalk)?
Because as far as I can see the way other PAYG users can tell is the sudden appearance of Plustalk on their accounts, which obviously I already have.
xblade
Grafter

overnight usage

I thought that unmetered overnight usage came into affect after the 1st April when your new billing period started.

I am confused about the situation and CS are not answering my request for info.

My usage meter also has not reset itself after the last billing period and is showing overnight usage, so I am feeling nervous about using my broadband service

Any advice
Thanks
Simon
Community Veteran

Amongst the information in another thread, linked to below, the new allownaces on your account happen when you are next billed. So, my billing date is April/11th, so that is when the new allowances are in affect for me.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40776.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
xblade
Grafter

Amongst the information in another thread, linked to below, the new allownaces on your account happen when you are next billed. So, my billing date is April/11th, so that is when the new allowances are in affect for me.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40776.

SW.

Yes. I saw that item as well.

I thought great, I can now; from new billing date (9/4), start downloading overnight.

I was surprised to see though that my usage bar was showing this download quota against my monthly quota of 1gb (PAYG), so I'm concerned what is happening
Simon
Community Veteran

I believe this is another symptom of the VMBU tool problems reported in other threads. If you are really concerned, open a ticket and get an official answer that you can refer to if it all goes Pete Tong.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
xblade
Grafter

overnight usage

Ha Ha

Have also already tried that route, but as others have found out, CS are not all that helpful and often so vauge as to leave us even more confused.

Thanks for your help though
Simon

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
Community Veteran

I've asked a question that requires an unambiguous answer regarding my account that has a billing date of tomorrow April/11th. See what they come up with an post back here.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Whether your account now includes the free overnight usage will depend on your billing date.

If you're billed between tomorrow and 30th April then you won't yet have the overnight usage, this will come in once you've been billed.

If you were billed in the last few days (I think from 7th April) then you will already have the overnight usage, as will customers billed on 3rd April. Customers billed between 31st March and 6th April (except the 3rd) are being moved over in arrears so will get the free overnight usage, it just won't show anything up until the refresh script reaches your account. These accounts are being done in batches and I think will have caught up in a couple of days.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Dave, How can PAYG 10GB users tell if they are on the new arrangements? There's no tickets and no changes I or others querying this can see.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
xblade
Grafter

Reply at last, although they still seem a little unsure!

We are pleased to be able to inform you that a member of our Customer Support Centre has now returned ticket number [ 19122005 ] to yourself.

The following comment was added to the ticket
Dear Mr Lawrence,
It should not count against your total usage for this month. If it does, please get back to us and we will investigate this further for you.

I also notice that Dave says;
"If you were billed in the last few days (I think from 7th April) then you will already have the overnight usage, as will customers billed on 3rd April. Customers billed between 31st March and 6th April (except the 3rd) are being moved over in arrears so will get the free overnight usage, it just won't show anything up until the refresh script reaches your account. These accounts are being done in batches and I think will have caught up in a couple of days."

Just hope it does and I assume because my new billing date was the 9th, then I do get 'free' over night usage!
Thanks
Simon