cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Extra Gb Costs

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

PAYG Extra Gb Costs

Wondered if someone could just clarify for me.

I am on PAYG, since moving from BB+ due to the dire performance lately. I pay for 2Gb at £14.99, and I have the useage limit set to £15.99, thinking, that just in case I go over, I will only use an extra pound, beofre internet useage is stopped. I have gone over the 2Gb limit this month, and been told I will be charged for an extra 2Gb at £1.80, making £16.79 in total. My question is, what is the point of the useage monitor?? I presume I will be billed for £16.79, rather than £15.99. Please dont get me wrong, I am not complaining, very happy with my service, just wondered if someone could enlighten me, on how extra Gb is costed, even with a useage price set. I presume in the new products there will be something where we can buy smaller chunks.
4 REPLIES
N/A

PAYG Extra Gb Costs

As you can only buy extra usage in 2GB chunks, it's possible that you had not hit the data transfer watch when extra usage was purchased, which then took you over- preventing any addditional usage after it is used.

That said I'm surprised that the Data Transfer Watch allows you to choose a non-standard cost limit (i.e. limit that cannot be acheived within PN's pricing structure) and doesn't take into account the effect any purchases will have in exceeding that limit. I also thought the limit applied to usage not cost in any case.

Any PAYG users care to help?

Ps- To answer your other question, I understand from conversations with the support team that allowing PAYG bandwidth purchases in smaller chunks is something that was being looked at. Have to wait and see what's rolled out next week.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

PAYG Extra Gb Costs

Hi,

The way it should work is that without the data transfer watch set when you've used the included amount it will automatically add an extra 2GB block at a charge of £1.80.

If you have the data transfer watch so that adding the extra bandwidth will take you over the spend limit then it won't charge you but should redirect you to the portal to let you know you've hit the spend limit.
Community Veteran

PAYG Extra Gb Costs

Hmmmmm think I understand. At the min then, only extra 2Gb chunks can be purchased, no matter what the Data transfer watch is set to. I presume then this is being looked at with the new product range.
James
Grafter

PAYG Extra Gb Costs

Oh yes.