cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Exceeded Allowance

N/A

PAYG Exceeded Allowance

I have Data Transfer Watch set-up on my account for £16.49 so that I know how much my internet will cost each month. Today is the last day of my billing period and I have checked my usage and it has JUST added another 2gb to my account taking me over the limit I set. How is this possible? Can I have this reversed some how? I don't want the extra 2gb as there is no change of using it before it is reset at midnight.
9 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

PAYG Exceeded Allowance

I'll arrange for the extra usage block to be removed from your account and ensure you don't get charged extra than your data transfer watch this month.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

PAYG Exceeded Allowance

Thanks for that. Is my assumption on how it should work correct? i.e. once I hit my limit I should only be able to access the one page to add more bandwidth if I choose, and the rest of the net is disabled? If that is correct any idea why it didn't happen this time? Thanks again.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

PAYG Exceeded Allowance

That is correct, once you reach the data transfer cap you should be restricted to the page so you can only add more before browsing.
I'm not sure why it didn't happen this time, I'll get someone to look at it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

PAYG Exceeded Allowance

Thanks again for the quick reply, the service level on this forum is amazing! Can't imagine any other ISP has response times like that. Every query I have raised on here has had a response in minutes. KUTGW Cheesy
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

PAYG Exceeded Allowance

:mrgreen: Thanks, the level of service is something we want to keep getting higher.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
dannykos
Grafter

PAYG Exceeded Allowance

i think there's something funny going on with some of the PAYG accounts on changeover of billing month - as thats more than a couple of threads now with either limits not being adhered to - or new month data profiles not being implemented properly.
Nick_Russell
Grafter

PAYG Exceeded Allowance

I had a similar problem. Last month I went over my 2GB limit in month and had 2GB added - all OK. Then towards the end on the month I approached 4GB and I had an email saying I had exceed my limit and another 2GB would be added - again all OK (bit of a pain with a day to go but that's another story!).

However when I checked my usage it said my limit was now 8GB ie 4 GB had been added. I raised a ticket and I just got an explanation how the system works (not too helpful) but the next day the invoice was raised and it was for the correct amount ie 6GB. So the problem with me was just the usage reporting and not billing.
N/A

PAYG Exceeded Allowance

My usage page now shows 4.3gb free usage and 0 paid for usage but my usage limit shows 6gb? I am in to my new billing period now how come I still has a usage limit of 6gb and the message about going over my limit? Is this all part of the same problem that will be resolved before any extra money it taken? Thanks in advance.
N/A

PAYG Exceeded Allowance

I could be wrong, but this looks like you are on the first day of the new account period, and things are still sorting themselves out?