cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG E-mail is lost!

N/A

PAYG E-mail is lost!

Just spoke to a customer service rep.

Anyone who regraded to Premier on Thursday and hasn't been able to collect their e-mail due to Plusnets broken regrade system has lost all the mail that should have been delivered since the regrade. For those of you who still can't access your e-mail (like me) it hasn't been fixed and your still losing mail. Evil

Why hasn't it been fixed (now 4 day's without e-mail)? According to the Plusnet CS rep it's not a priority because it only affects less than 5% of users. Even though e-mail is being irretrievably lost it's just not a priority. So remember that folks, if you have a problem and your less than 5% of the user base your just not a priority and will have to wait as long as it takes no matter what's happening.

What I can't understand is why we were originally told that no e-mail was lost (at least I could have tried to redirect some of it)? Why were we told it was fixed when it wasn't fixed? I would like to swear at this point because I am really fed up. No apology from Plusnet, just a 'we'll try and get networks to look at it tomorrow'.

Well Plusnet you have really cocked up this time. I'm off to ask for my MAC and I'm going to recommend to all those people I've recommend you to that they follow me. An apology and a straight and truthful answer would have made all the difference. Thanks
24 REPLIES
Community Veteran

PAYG E-mail is lost!

Hmm - I hope that isnt the case.

I am still hoping that email sent since my regrade to PAYG will one day turn up.
N/A

PAYG E-mail is lost!

Hi Chesterfield,

Spoke to CS at about 7pm (took me a while to cool down). I asked him to give a direct answer as to whether the e-mail that hadn't been received since Thursday was lost or not. His answer was yes, all e-mail that should have been delivered since Thursday is lost. He seemed to have absolutely no doubts about it. I'm still hoping it's otherwise.

John
Community Veteran

PAYG E-mail is lost!

Wonderful.

I suppose the mail to mailboxes is lost also then. Thats mail the missus sends home from work.

Arrrghhh - mines still not fixed either, so Im still losing mail.

Good job Im not expecting order confirmation emails eh?
N/A

PAYG E-mail is lost!

Mail sent to my wifes mailbox is being delivered okay. So you should be okay with your mrs. Smiley
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

PAYG E-mail is lost!

Hi,

I'm sorry about this problem. It is being treated as a priority issue, but it doesn't get classified as P1 problem which is where the 5% comes in.

Any mail sent the mailboxes during the problem will either be bounced back to the sender or will be queued up waiting to be delivered. I can't though tell you how many would have been bounced so I can't promise that none will have bounced.

Edit: I've misunderstood the symptoms here I thought you meant you were unable to login, I need to check something and will get back to you.
m00nie
Grafter

PAYG E-mail is lost!

ive had a ticket in since 5th feb about not being able to login to my email, each time a reply comes back saying its been refreshed and give it 4 hours and it will be ok.....

still not working Sad
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Re: PAYG E-mail is lost!

Just spoke to a customer service rep.

Anyone who regraded to Premier on Thursday and hasn't been able to collect their e-mail due to Plusnets broken regrade system has lost all the mail that should have been delivered since the regrade. For those of you who still can't access your e-mail (like me) it hasn't been fixed and your still losing mail. Evil

Hi there,

Apologies you and Chesterfield are still awaiting a fix on this one. When I first looked at the issue last night I mistakenly thought this to be part of a know issue with regrades to and from PAYG Basic but this seems different (although it is in someway related).

Regarding the email sent since last Thursday. I would have guessed that attempts to send to your address would be bounced with a 5xx error but judging by your comments I'm not sure if this is the case or not.

I've left some notes on your ticket if you can take a look when you get the chance.

I'll find out for definite what's happened to undelivered email and see if I can get some movement on this today for you.

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Veteran

PAYG E-mail is lost!

Thanks Bob,

No great issue for myself at present, but it would be nice to have email at home eventually, as online order confirmations etc will be important. Not planning on buying anything in the next few days, so thats ok - lol. :lol:

Ive not received any error messages when sending to my PN account from external - its as though they are going into my inbox, but when I connect, via outlook or webmail, there is nothing there.

Any mail sent to me from inside PN however does show up. i.e. Direct Debit notifications etc..
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

PAYG E-mail is lost!

Are you saying that an email sent to a particular mailbox from inside Plusnet (e.g. the address used by these forums for PM and topic notifications does show up), but mail sent from external to the exact same address doesn't? If that is the case it sounds like a DNS propagation problem.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

PAYG E-mail is lost!

Another possibility - have all the emails you do get come through mxlast?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

PAYG E-mail is lost!

UPDATE:

Its working again as of now. any email sent from my works email is now arriving almost instantly.

Will have to check the mailbox email at home later - but the postmaster address seems to work. (and "anything"@chesterfield.plus.com).

The bad news is that it appears everything sent since last Tuesday has not arrived. Im guessing all mail since last Tuesday to my account is therefore lost.?

Ill get over it.

Thanks for the help! Smiley
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

PAYG E-mail is lost!

Yep,

Should now be fixed for you both.

Apologies it took so long. We've actually fixed the underlying problem with the regrade procedure however we still had the mopup task to do to fix the accounts affected.

I've had your accounts fixed ahead of this though so let me know if you notice any problems Smiley

Unfortunately mail sent whilst the problem was evident will have been bounced.

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Community Veteran

PAYG E-mail is lost!

Thanks Bob,

Can you confirm if the mail sent since last Tuesday is lost, I can then inform er indoors to resend whatever she sent home in the last week. (Ill put my flak jacket on). :lol:

Regards,
Chris.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

PAYG E-mail is lost!

Yeah, unfortunately it is. It will have been rejected so doesn't reside on our servers anymore Sad

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team