cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P with Premiere

N/A

P2P with Premiere

What the hell is happening? 7kbs max? Overall im doing fine, less lag in bf2, a nice speed on standard downloads and all but the p2p speed is killing me. I need that linux cd darn it.

Cheers.
16 REPLIES
N/A

P2P with Premiere

P2P is rubbish on plusnet even on a premier account.

If it's linux you want you can easy download it for free from the makers websites.

and it's fast
N/A

P2P with Premiere

If it's linux you want you can easy download it for free from the makers websites.

and it's fast

i have to dissagree slightly. P2P has never really caused me much problems in the past, only in the last 2-3 days has it rapidly decreased, i may switch back to limewire as apposed to frostwire and see if there is a difference, though they both are based on the same code. But still, you can only try.
Community Veteran

P2P with Premiere

which p2p program are you running?
N/A

P2P with Premiere

at the moment im running Frostwire, spawn of the infamous Limewire.
lank111
Grafter

P2P with Premiere

Try Ares - http://www.aresgalaxy.org/

i always get good speed's!
There is time's when speeds crawl but thats just a 'traffic jam!'

BT is my only problem!!!!
The local VP's are packed and between 4pm and 1am, the web is soooo slow!
Try'ing to watch the new eps of Ideal + 2 Pints on BBC3 online.

It can only handle just over 300k for 5mins, then fall's to less then 50kbps, then rarely will it go back to 1mbit for a few seconds!

i h8 kids with p2p!!!!!!!!!!!! BAN THEM! (Under 18's)

p2p is a massive issue that used in moderation, is great tool! But used and abused, will criple BT n IP networks!
N/A

P2P with Premiere

p2p's never really been a problem here either.
Community Veteran

P2P with Premiere

I'd like to see the science behind that statement. I'm on payg and p2p is pretty fast and reliable. It's wrong to claim p2p is rubbish on PlusNet.

Chris
Alecto
Grafter

P2P with Premiere

I agree with Chris and the other positive posters.

Perhaps I'm just lucky with my Plusnet Premier account, as I am in everything else, but I have no problem with P2P and regularly get speeds over 200k.
But of course I don't try and use it much in the evening, when everybody is getting on to their computers and overloading the network in general (not just Plusnet).
N/A

P2P with Premiere

I must agree with your point about the whole network grinding down not just PN, the BT infrastructure is not coping too well at the moment either I keep hearing of more exchanges developing Red or Amber VP by the day and there is not too much anyone can do about it, BT do have an ever increasing demand and a limited number of engineers, not to say it is all their fault or all PN's fault but it does seam everything is slowly grinding to a halt on the UK infrastructure in general and that is not saying anything about the strength of the internet peering network which I know nothing about how well it is coping just now.
Alecto
Grafter

P2P with Premiere

So imagine the fun and games when all those people get 8Mb. :twisted:

And of course they'll all blame Plusnet because it's running no faster than it does now.
Community Veteran

P2P with Premiere

I blame you Geoff! Tongue

<spam alert>
lank111
Grafter

P2P with Premiere

Time will do its job!!!
It's too expensive to operate a network with loads of p2p users! bandwidth is expensive!

Wen 8mbit and llu's are nationwide! BT bandwidth charge's will go down! mean'ing we can download more for the money we pay!

its all good, just have to wait!!!
N/A

P2P with Premiere

I'd like to see the science behind that statement. I'm on payg and p2p is pretty fast and reliable. It's wrong to claim p2p is rubbish on PlusNet.

It has been pretty much done to death on ADSLGuide. Certain p2p clients have draconian rate limits imposed during peak times so PlusNet can cram more users onto the network.

Can you now get full line rate with p2p on PAYG accounts?

TT
lank111
Grafter

P2P with Premiere

Who is goin to pay for such a upgrade to make p2p ok?
as you pay plusnet enuf to cover the AUP, £21.99 for a adsl connection, 100 gig off peak, 30 peak, 24 hr support and loads of other decent services?