cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P is supported on BB+ according 2 email I sent to Plusnet

N/A

This is an email I sent to Plusnet before I signed up with them.......as can be seen it states that I can use P2P but it will not be as quick as Premiere.

"I am wising to migrate from another ISP and only wish to stay for 6months as I will be leaving the UK. I am at present on a 512k speed service and wish to use p2p for downloading. What is the most cost effective option without having to pay for a cancellation charge after 6 months."

======== PlusNet Reply Below ========

Dear Mr XYZ,

Thank you for your enquiry.
You can go for our Broadband Premier Upto 2MB @ &21.99 package during migration. Both the packages support P2P.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
XYZ
PlusNet Customer Support

Dear XYZ

Yes, if you migrate then there will be no cancellation charge and only 30 days notice is required but you need to choose monthly contract and not annual.

P2P is throttled during peak times only on Broadband Plus package but not on Pay As You Go & Premier packages.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
XYZ
PlusNet Customer Support

It seems since the 27/10 it has become non-existent.
15 REPLIES
N/A

Well they have lied there because there will be a charge. Did you pay for the migration into PlusNet or did they pay for it?

If thy payed the migration charge then you will be charged this cost to leave.
N/A

I migrated for free from another ISP, as it stated on their webpage back in June.
N/A

I migrated for free from another ISP, as it stated on their webpage back in June.

Well you will be charged £14.99 then when you move your account. I sent an email this morning asking this question...

====================

Hi,

I would like to enquire what account charges I would incur if I was to migrate to another ISP next week?

Thanks in advance.

=======REPLY========

To supply you with your MAC key if you wish to migrate you will need to pay £14.99, this is to conver the cost of the original migration to us.
May I ask why you wish to migrate and if there is anything we can do to keep your custom?

Regards,

=====================
N/A

Well I have the emaill to back me up and I am not migrating to another ISP I am leaving the country, maybe that helps.
N/A

Maybe because its because you will be cancelling the account.

I would send a ticket just to see what they say! :roll:
N/A

Will do......but anyways I have the email to back it up.
N/A

Re: P2P is supported on BB+ according 2 email I sent to Plus

P2P is throttled during peak times only on Broadband Plus

that's even what it says on the main page when u sign up.
it only mentions speeds being shaped during busy hours.
there is no mention of p2p and downloads being throttled to death at ALL TIMES.
hence why ppl on BB+ feel ripped off.
N/A

Re: P2P is supported on BB+ according 2 email I sent to Plus

P2P is throttled during peak times only on Broadband Plus

that's even what it says on the main page when u sign up.
it only mentions speeds being shaped during busy hours.
there is no mention of p2p and downloads being throttled to death at ALL TIMES.
hence why ppl on BB+ feel ripped off.

True and I cannot believe so many people have deteriated the service to what it is now. The problem is you can call customer services but it does not help at all.
N/A

I'm in the process of migrating from TalkTalk but don't like the sound of this throttling business.. Can anyone currently using BB Plus let me know truthfully what the extent of the problem is and should I stay put and cancel my migration?
N/A

I'm in the process of migrating from TalkTalk but don't like the sound of this throttling business.. Can anyone currently using BB Plus let me know truthfully what the extent of the problem is and should I stay put and cancel my migration?

pksmith, I used to be with TT as they fine for the first few months and then it went pear-shaped. Unfortunately I am experiencing the same now with Plusnet, was fine for the first few months and now it has gone pear-shaped. I mean it was so good I was getting average speeds of 80k/s say 10pm at night, and I was recommended by someone on ADSLguide.ord to joing Plusnet as they were "the" ISP.........but since the 27 Oct things have gone downhill.

So to be honest I would like to say join up but if you want to know the truth I would not.............and that is an honest answer.
N/A

u can't use p2p at all .....no matter if on peak or off peak.
it used to be very good off peak....now even off peak u will get dial up speeds at best.
N/A

Do yourself a favour and cancel the migration! Cry
N/A

i second that do your self a favour and dont bother, is my PERSONAL opinion.
N/A

All things considered I have now cancelled my migration to this ISP. Thanks for all the advice.