cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P - emule, e donkey problem

N/A

Hi I'am on PlusNet Broadband Premier - Up to 2Mb.

I use P2P software: eMule and BitLord (torrent client). I observed that when I use torrents all is fine and speeds are ok, but when I try to use edonkey or emule only upload works and I cant get anything downloaded... I left emule for all night and in the morning statistics shows that there was a lot uploads but 0! download...

All ports are open, High ID on servers, files with massive sources. whats going on? funny thing is that on dialup when i connect for a while all works perfect on emule... any ideas ? Thanks for any help.

Goomy
8 REPLIES
N/A

As a side, apparently BitLord is an evil piece of scum. Try finding a different torrent client such as Azureus or uTorrent...
N/A

hi goomy.

welcome to the forums,

unfortunatly for the last month or so alot of premier account holders have been experiencing problems with emule (me included), we have made plusnet aware of this and they have assured us that it is on there "to do" list.

Although i have not tried for a while, my main problem with the mule was upload rate, it would not go higher than 10kbps often staying as low as 1-5kbps for hrs, and with that littler upload rate emule becomes totally unusable as it relys on good upload to be able to download.

So i am sorry to say that there is not much else we can do for the moment, but having said that i'm sure a quick reminder to one of the coms team via pm or a support ticket to customer services, telling them that there is still big problems with emule wouldn't go amiss.
serenityvalley
Grafter

Emule had seemed to be doing a bit better yesterday - upload sometimes reached my 16K threshold and downloads were 30-60K throughout most of the day (pretty typical for me, even before hellacoya). Today it's back to awful though - currently 6K both ways.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

We are aware that for some of our customers the performance of certain applications leaves a lot to be desired however we are working on an entirely new method of managing traffic. As Dave has hinted at in another thread, we are hoping to be able to provide our customers with a certain amount of full speed access for all applications per month, then it would slow down, slowing more as the usage increases.

This is a massive project however and will take time to complete and a lot of effort from our network guys. It's also very complex and hasn't been done by anyone else before so it is a really, really steep learning curve.
N/A

Emule had seemed to be doing a bit better yesterday - upload sometimes reached my 16K threshold and downloads were 30-60K

well I dont havy ANY download speeds , it doesnt work at all , just upload. I wish to have those 30-60 k download ...

I choosed plusnet Premier because users said that p2p is better ... well its not.

I want my emule download speed different than zero!
N/A

I had a bizarre circumstance of Edonk giving me NO DL on Pipex. A reinstall did the trick for me.
N/A

I am gonna reinstall my adsl router as well , but still have weird situations , now my transfers of torrents "jumps" from 0 to max speed then goes to 0 and jumps again to max and then again to 0 whats that Huh I tested most of torrent clients Azureus , Bitcomet , bitLord even shareaza with no luck , still the same problem. I have popular torrents , lots of seeders and all ports etc things are ok. I have this problem for last couple of days. I'm getting mad ....

thx for any suggestions.
N/A

Emule did improve dramatically yesterday until it hit peak time. Ever since though its been back to poor speed, especially upload.

Currently uploading at 4k/s and expect this to drop to 0.5k/s within the next couple of hours again. Sad