cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P cap on Broadband Premier

N/A

Didn't get an answer in the other topic since that thread was "specifically about P2P on Plus accounts" ...so i created this one.

Upload speeds in emule since last week are non-existant, i'm lucky to get above 3KB/s at both on and off-peak times.

I get perfect speeds in other P2P apps (bittorrent etc.), so it's not my line or contention at my exchange that's the problem. The ports that emule uses are open on my firewall (confirmed by the firewall test thing in the emule settings), i have over 200 peers on my upload queue, so it's not as if i have no-one to upload to. But yet, i still get crappy upload speeds. This was working fine before last week, i was getting full speed, but now i'm not.

Nothing has changed my end since last week, therefore something's happened at plusnet's end.
61 REPLIES
N/A

agyo577......LOL, maybe we will get somewhere with this, but then again begging for a decent answer in this forum I doubt it.
N/A

As can been seen agyo77 has opened a topic for Premiere users and it has gone un-answered.
N/A

i really think this emule question needs answering, or at least some sort of recognition that there is a problem, since last thursday emule has been unusable on all types of account, this does not mean all p2p is like this, just emule, it is nigh on impossible to upload at all, what's going on?

so come on bob and ben, we can see your around by looking at the registerd users online, just a quick word of acknowledgement will do!

the more you ignore this problem the louder people will shout
N/A

I agree....I have just been on the phone with a CS agent and he stated that more and more people are signing onto BB+ so it seems it is downhill for BB+ users using any P2P as they have set a x amount of bandwidth for BB+ users.

He said upgrade to a Premiere account and you will be ok, but he cannot gurantee anthing, and I said I was a bit reluctant because of what I am reading here. I even asked can I have a test account or upgrade my account for a day to be sure that is true, but he could not help.
N/A

I have been downloading a torrent for 48 hours. Im using broadband premier. What is going on with this appalling company?
N/A

The y do not want P2P users on their network!!
N/A

then they should have the guts to say that premier accounts are being throttled beyond use for p2p instead of babbling on to the contrary.
N/A

As there was a thread for BB+ now a thread for BB Premiere and no CS agent has replied at all.....come on guys just give us an answer.
N/A

Yet again, the other thread gets a reply...

P2P does not perform well on Broadband Plus.

What about the users on PREMIER that are having emule problemsHuh It's only happened since last week, and it's not just me having problems.

Are plusnet deliberatly ignoring premier users because they don't have a textbook answer they can give us like they can for plus users:

P2P does not perform well on Broadband Plus.

There is a serious problem with upload speeds on emule since last week, this is not just affecting plus users!!

A simple reply along the lines of "we're looking into it" would be nice, even if you have no idea what's wrong or when it'll be fixed, a simple acknowledgement of the problem will keep us all happy!!!
N/A

aygo577 my sentiments exactly, I wish they would reply and give a non-text book answer..........
N/A

come on ben.........this one next!
N/A

A simple reply along the lines of "we're looking into it" would be nice, even if you have no idea what's wrong or when it'll be fixed, a simple acknowledgement of the problem will keep us all happy!!!

They have acknowledged it! Read the 06 vision post. p2p may be improved next year Evil And they know exactly what the issue is. They don't want to make any changes now, as they know it would not be sustainable on their current environment. They are waiting to see how new technologies develop, and how their new revenue spinners i.e Plustalk turn out, as these services and web/email (gold queue) services will always take priorty over p2p.

p2p performance is not going to get better for any1 on BB+ or Premier. The only way to get a decent service is to migrate out.
N/A

p2p performance is not going to get better for any1 on BB+ or Premier. The only way to get a decent service is to migrate out.

That is a shame........I have had a good experience from Plusnet, until the 27 Oct....surely all these users cannot be wrong.......come on Plusnet forget about 2006 we are in 2005, what about all your loyal subs, don't leave us in the lurch.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

The y do not want P2P users on their network!!

This is not the case as I have said in another thread.

As we have said in the "Vision" thread, we are aware of problems with some p2p and are looking into improving this for Premier customers.

At the end of the day however we must make a platform that will provide the best service to the majority of our customers. We cannot sacrifice this for the benefit of a small group of customers who use a disproportionate amount of our available capacity. This will be more and more important as things like VoIP, TV/Video on demand etc get more popular.

We can't please all the people all of time, it's just not possible. What we can do and are working very hard at doing is to please the majority of people most of the time.