cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P blocked for some time.

N/A

My p2p usage is blocked for no reason and without explanation, the support is abysmal. Can I just cancel my direct debit?
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Only if you want a debt collection agency knocking at your door and a black mark on your credit reference. Just stopping payment is not the way to resolve problems as you are contracted to pay each month until you cancel. ALso PN would be within their right to cancel your ADSL meaning you would have to pay for it to be activated again.

If you wish to migrate / cancel you have to do it the correct way, and this is only possible via a ticket.
PhillipH
Grafter

Only if you want a debt collection agency knocking at your door and a black mark on your credit reference.

really?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Really!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
PhillipH
Grafter

sounds a bit harsh to me Cheesy
N/A

Only if you want a debt collection agency knocking at your door and a black mark on your credit reference. Just stopping payment is not the way to resolve problems as you are contracted to pay each month until you cancel. ALso PN would be within their right to cancel your ADSL meaning you would have to pay for it to be activated again.

I don't think PN is fulfilling it's contract at the moment so why should I fulfil mine?
Mand
Grafter

Hi

Simply not paying your account is not a method of cancellation or of getting your issue resolved.

I can see you have detailed the issues in a couple of tickets on your account, one as a fault for us to test the line and the other as a P2P issue, which is currently with our networks team to confirm that your profile is correct.

Have you tried a different P2P client? Do you have any issues downloading from elswhere, for example usenet, FTP, http?
N/A

I don't see that using a different client will make any difference as it's not about downloading, I host a hub. The hub just loses all it users and I cant connect to any hubs myself. This issue has just started happening over the last few days and I've been running my hub for around 3 years with the same software/hardware. It's obviously a problem with PN.
craign
Grafter

No patches recently been applied to your hub server? MS or *nix security updates for example?

Not suggesting that it's not PN, but it's unusual to have a system that has not changed during 3 years - unless you've not put any security patches on and you've just been infected Sad
N/A

No updates/patches/viruses/trojans nothing at all.
N/A

If you look at the forum you will see lots of problems with usenet, newsgroups, P2P and FTP.

They asked me the same questions even though I pointed out that lots of users were having the same problem. Despite this, 1 week after the problem started they have now just escalated to the network team to check the profile, even though I was assured it was correct during the week.

Just need to know where I stand with PN not giving me the service I am paying for.

Would be happy to leave as it's the heavy usage customers they are targeting to get rid of with more and more using ever decreasing limits etc and now these problems, plus 12 month contract customers are last in teh list for the mb upgrade.