cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P & File Sharing Speeds

N/A

I have Plusnet 2mb connection, and have been using legal file sharing programs.

Over the past 14 days or so, my usual speeds have plummited. Where as before, it was my maximum speeds, now it works at sometimes dial up speeds, but usually....1/6 of its normal speed.

Now my usual downloads from the net, have not been affected??

Any ideasHuh

Cheers

Alex
15 REPLIES
N/A

web is GOLD whereas p2p is bronze

are you on bb+ or premium?
N/A

it makes litle difference - premier's p2p speeds are pretty awful too.
N/A

Have to agree and as soon as my referrals jump ship so will i web site or not
N/A

TBH I find that torrent running 30-80kbs to be acceptable, from what I gather bb+ speed is less than 10kbs - SO there is a difference between products...

does not REALLY help the OP if you troll / hijack the post with your own speed problems
N/A

the irony is you quote your own speeds :?

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceeding post removed as it is unnecessary and against the rules]
N/A

Dusty, if don't like the speeds you're getting MOVE ... there ARE ways to get out of the annual contract, I won't say how but it has been mentioned before
N/A

I am currently on BB Premier....

Play nice children!!!
N/A

I said ill move when my referrals move . I weigh up the pros and cons . £19 for 2mb and web site and slow p2p ot £27 for 2mb and no caps no throttle and web space . I said ill stick it out to my referrals jump ship as the pros at the moment out weigh the cons .

Noticed pcsni has gone ott with the moderation again . Gone way to your head :?

You can ban me if you like this place is so restrictive on what ones say you would think its china . GET A GRIP
N/A

TBH I find that torrent running 30-80kbs to be acceptable, from what I gather bb+ speed is less than 10kbs - SO there is a difference between products...

does not REALLY help the OP if you troll / hijack the post with your own speed problems

the irony is you quote your own speeds :?

That's my experience. Before switching to Premier a few days ago it was rarely above 10 kbp/s. I've only downloaded one torrent since then, but it was 50 kbp/s. Very noticeable improvement. Question is, would it be quicker on Eclipse or Metronet...

With respect to P2P, if you are downloading music and are content with 30-50 kbp/s d/ls, there is one P2P platform that is immune to PN's traffic shaping on BB+. It doesn't use swarming and allows for more responsible sharing (eg non-copyrighted material, for the sake of argument). Have a look around.
N/A

I got my quote removed cos its against the rules , when all i did was quote what another user said and replied to it . The reply stayed tho . This form has become so cliquey and you have to worry about everything you post say or quote now :?

If i swore i could understand it , but if debate is now going to be censored then whats the point of this forum ? or is it a case of mods who moderate for the sake of it , cos they have a few extra buttons that they can use and what the heck you might as well use them .
LiamM
Grafter

Your quote was an exact quote of the preceeding reply and was not necessary. We do this because it not only waste's space on the page, but to get people out of the habit of just clicking the quote button to reply everytime.... it could end up as a big mess with quotes within quotes within quotes etc...
N/A

It was not a quote with in a quote tho . Fine you can use your rules to edit the most trivial things if you must . To me its just way ott . If your going to be so pedantic about a quote then don't allow threads about ice cream that has nothing to do with adsl and take up more space than my quote . One rule for us and another for PN staff or the face fits gang .

Grates me more to see staff join in , the same staff who keep quoting rules and break them when it suits.
N/A

Come on DJ

The rules are in place for a reason. I have myself 'had a go' at the mod team in the past, but I agree with the forum rules on the whole.

I run a couple of forums myself, and I find that it gets extremely confusing when people quote quotes etc.

You might not have been quoting a 'quote in quote' but there was still no need for you to quote the whole of the preceeding post.
N/A

So my quote was wrong ice cream thread OK . You just don't get it do you :?

Ill leave you and the clique and face fit gang to it . If your not apart of them expect your posts quotes to be subject to the rules . If your face fits you can post about Ben and Jerry's in the adsl section till your hearts content .