cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P Surf does it work???

N/A

P2P Surf does it work???

Hello

I got a level 1 warning e-mail so I switched on my surf option in member centre, my P2P seems to have got better, I was expecting it to slow down and Limit it?

Am I wrong in thinking surf is not quite doing what it should?

Nick
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

P2P Surf does it work???

It should block all P2P activity but it can take up to 24 hours before it comes active so if you have only just set it, wait and see tomorrow. If it is still not blocking it after 24 hours, raise a ticket.

You must also disconnect from ADSL then reconnect before it is activated.
N/A

P2P Surf does it work???

I disconnected immediately after activating it. And it seems like its more than 24 hours.

Can anyone give technical details of what it actually does
'Blocking all p2p activity' is a very expansive statement.

Nick
Community Veteran

P2P Surf does it work???

PN can detect all kinds of P2P activity due to performing deep packet inspection on all data passing through their network. As a result, enabling the P2P lock should then stop that kind of data passing out onto the internet.

Time to raise a ticket/
N/A

P2P Surf does it work???

Well it definately does not work. Surf is on and I am restricted and still downloading at 111kB/s!!!

Detecting P2P activity, ha, Surf doesn't look like it could stop a bit of P2p.

Can I get details of how this is supposed to work?Huh
Community Veteran

P2P Surf does it work???

You need to raise a contact us ticket and get it investigated.
N/A

P2P Surf does it work???

I'd really like to know how the protocol is supposed to work before I raise a ticket, and exactly what kind of shaping Surf adds to the connection. Which I doubt I'd get.

All I want is decent lengthy details of how Surf is supposed to work and exactly what it does.

Anyone else found this anomaly?
Community Veteran

P2P Surf does it work???

Enabling the option should block ALL P2P traffic. Just like PN can detect and traffic manage P2P traffic on the other (and your) products it can also block it completely using the same equipment.

It's that simple and if it does not work when enabled then you have to raise a ticket to get PN to find out why.