cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P Speeds

manero
Grafter

P2P Speeds

Is there any reason why my P2P speeds should plumet (0.2 seems the norm) during peak hours? I'm nowhere near my download limit
8 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

P2P Speeds

Hi there,

As per the following service status : http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1158168848.htm

We hope to make improvements to our platform shortly to improve the peak time P2P experience for customers.

We will be updating Service Status once these configuration changes have been rolled out.

Apologies if this is causing you any inconvenience.
manero
Grafter

P2P Speeds

It's causing me a huge inconvenience. Isn't there any way you can rectify my profile manually now I've raised it as a ticket?
N/A

P2P Speeds

Why dont you just schedule your download, to download offpeak??

if it is that much of a problem?
manero
Grafter

P2P Speeds

Why dont you just schedule your download, to download offpeak??

if it is that much of a problem?

no disrespect, but I'm guessing you're not one of the 'small number of customers' that this affects?
N/A

P2P Speeds

You will find I am, but I find no P2P download is that important that it cant be downed during the nightWink

usenet for me, is 5-10 at peak hours 355 any other time....
N/A

P2P Speeds

Some protocols are hit much worse by the method plusnet use.

ed2k is hit much worse than bittorrent for example.

I love the way people just say 'schedule your downloads', like you can make them start within a few hours of when you want them to.

ed2k works for me reasonably between about 4am and 11am. Give it 4 or 5 hours before the 4am mark for your queue places to equilibriate, even through you won't get much actual data in this time.

And always use the latest version of the client.
N/A

P2P Speeds

Yes, I schedule torrents via 00:00 and 16:00 via the inbuilt sheduler, and usenet via the scheduler also same timesSmiley

its down in the morning...whoosh

easy
N/A

P2P Speeds

If you are trying to get a rare file (3,4 people or less say) on an ed2k network you can be in a queue for 24 hours before getting so much as 1 byte of data.

Most p2p systems work extremely badly with a connection that is not constant. ed2k is also affected much worse than most other protocols by lost packets. 3K/sec uploads and nothing downloading is not useful at peak time, and plusnets response has been to simply 'not support' anything that works badly with the ellacoyas.