cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P Problems?....PN admit to fault!

N/A

As many people have discovered over the last week or so using emule/edonkey has become impossible due to slow download speeds.

After raising the issue directly with PN i finally got this response today:

"There is a problem with this application that is currently being
investigated. It is due to the way that eDonkey works. Sorry for the
inconvenience."

Lets hope they sort this out as quickly as possible!
11 REPLIES
N/A

Interestingly enough, Plusnet sent me an email (today) saying that the connection will auto disconnect if 'idle' for 30 mins - P2P is considered idle time.

More annoying is, the email states it was due to start tomorrow though this has happened to me before and has happened to me today too. I was actually downloading a Linux ISO image (fair enough it is 2gb) but not via P2P, yet this was stopped too.
N/A

Hi

The idle timeouts have been postponed..

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35551

thxs
N/A

P2P is considered idle time. .

how can p2p be considered idleHuh??

your line is continually exchanging data
N/A

surely just leave outlook open and let it reconnect every 5 mins
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

Generally, P2P wouldn't be considered as your connection being idle, as obviously there's going to be data flowing back and forth over the connection. However, that said, anyone who's recevied an email about the Idle Timeouts isn't really on a package that is suitable for P2P traffic, so its really a moot point.
N/A

Re: P2P Problems?....PN admit to fault!

As many people have discovered over the last week or so using emule/edonkey has become impossible due to slow download speeds.

After raising the issue directly with PN i finally got this response today:

"There is a problem with this application that is currently being
investigated. It is due to the way that eDonkey works. Sorry for the
inconvenience."

Lets hope they sort this out as quickly as possible!

Interesting that you have recieved this ticket update when they are still fobbing me off with 'upgrade your account'. It tehn results in me fobbing them off with 'people on the forums have told me not to do this!'.
JonathanW
Grafter

Interesting that you have recieved this ticket update when they are still fobbing me off with 'upgrade your account'. It tehn results in me fobbing them off with 'people on the forums have told me not to do this!'.

With regards to this, if you're still on the Plus package then you are going to see slow P2P speeds, as Plus isn't designed to support P2P traffic and as such will always run slow for this kind of transfer.
N/A

why not upgrade to premier and still see slow p2p speeds.
ceridwen
Grafter

With regards to this, if you're still on the Plus package then you are going to see slow P2P speeds, as Plus isn't designed to support P2P traffic and as such will always run slow for this kind of transfer.

It isn't now - however for a long time you advertised the BB+ product as being useable for P2P at off peak times. There will be many users (including those who do not read the forums and regularly check the package descriptions on the PN website and hence are unaware of this substantial change in the service offered) using BB+ on this expectation.

Matthew
N/A

i would not upgrade tho as i stil get low speeds on prem i just get to pay more for my bad service no usenet and we dont care about you attitude
Community Veteran

I'm locking this thread as there are already plenty of existing threads discussing p2p issues. Such as this one.

Chris