cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P File sharing connection

N/A

Hi

Ive only recently gone with Plus net for my broadband, and since then have found it really difficult to connect to my favourite P2P networks. The other night it took half an hour just to connect. Recently I can't connect at all.

Is there a reason for this? Its not my firewall or anything as I tried it with all firewalls and anti virus software not running.

Plus net say that they do not block P2P and so that was why I went with them. However, now that Im connected, it seems to be a different story.

Cheers for any help

Mark
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Can I ask what product you are on? Also can you check under connection settings on the portal to see if "Surf" is enabled PlusNet don't block p2p on any current products but it is severely limited on BB+.
N/A

p2p is severely limited on any package at anytime of the day. i suggest you find a new isp like the rest of us are doing
N/A

P2P isn't that limited between the hours of 3am - 4am on BBPremier Wink
N/A

Im generally using Limewire. I checked the surf option in the members centre (first thing I did) and its deavtivated.

As for changing my ISP. Ive only just gone with plusnet (few weeks ago). When I was looking into which ISP to go with plus net seemed the best value for money, I looked a load of different ones and most seem to block P2P altogether.

I have cable if I could get it in my area, more expensive but much more reliable and unrestricted.