cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overly harsh response to tickets

N/A

I have an ongoing ticket requesting my MAC code and was asking for clarification on which terms and conditions apply, and where abouts on the site they are. The reply I have recieved is both threatening and rude, mentioning solicitors and debt collectors several times, and saying that the only avenue of future corespondence shoudld be via letter or my lawyer.

I'm not sure if it's ok to cut and paste it here so I haven't.

Just wanted to know why I have to pay to leave £58.75 after a week, PlusNET, no need to get nasty! :shock:
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Something tells me the CS staff are stressed (no excuse of course) maybe we should raise a ticket pointing them to this thread:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27475

Maybe Dave, Ben (or if he's around Stewart) would like to have a word with the agent. (Public Whipping :razz: )
N/A

Re: Overly harsh response to tickets

I'm not sure if it's ok to cut and paste it here so I haven't.
:

you can cut and paste it here so long as you remove the agents name.

lets 'av a look Cheesy
N/A

Indeed let me see what Im going to get.
N/A

Actioned : Dear Mr Mittell,
The terms to the Pusnet guarantee are available here:-
http://www.plus.net/features/guarantee_terms_and_condtitions.shtml
This guarantee only states that we will cover the costs incurred by the gaining service provider up to a value of £12.99

Details surrounding the 'you pay we stay' agreement are found here. A link to this information is contained during the signup path:-
http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/bbplus_freesetup.shtml

The reason we are contemplating introducing idle timeouts is a simple one. Generally speaking customers of the two accounts it applies to are low users. Our central capacity can only facilitate so many connections. We are not running short of capacity, however this allows for a theoretical situation whereby an entire segment of bandwidth could be taken by idle users. This prevents others from connecting and means an entire segment (with no traffic passing through it), is unusable. It isn't very efficient network management and idle timeouts would explore whether the effects of this could be minimised.

If the positive effect on the network is minimal then there would be little need for us to continue utilising timeouts and they may subsequently be withdrawn.

You cannot continue with your account if you are not willing to accept the new terms and conditions. Your other options are to either migrate or cancel. In both instances we require you settle the outstanding activation and hardware costs (£58.75). This cost was incurred by a third party supplier and was part of a special offer with it's own terms and conditions. They are separate to the terms that encompass your monthly subscription payments and contractual obligations.

It is your perogative should you wish to take further legal action, however we have had legal consultation both before and after the implementation of the new terms and are confident that our legal standing is perfectly legitimate. British Law does not exlude you from the activation and hardware costs.

We are not in breach of the distance selling regulations, and you are still liable for third party costs. We do not have to provide an invoice to this effect.

If you withold any payments that are due, then we have no choice but to pass your details to our debt recovery partners.

If we cannot come to an agreement regarding your decision then we will be left with no choice but to terminate your account and recoverer any monies owed.

I feel we have provided you with all the information we can at this point and would ask that any further consultation regarding this matter is raised either in writing or via your legal representative.

Kind Regards,
[snip]

Here it is, I pointed out that the email says I have until the 16th to decide, hope I don't just get the chop before I decide what I want to do. Sad
N/A

Re: Overly harsh response to tickets

Just wanted to know why I have to pay to leave £58.75 after a week, PlusNET, no need to get nasty! :shock:

if you have not had the answer yet it's because that is the amount they had to pay BT for you to be connected.
N/A

to be fair it doesnt sem that bad a letter maybe could been worded better but seems he is just covering himself incase ou decided t cancel the direcr debit.....we are all getting told this and it probably due to ppl like me who feel it is improper to force us to pay to leave if it is there t&c that is forcing us away when i am happy with the general service quality at the moment.

i am currently on a heated discussion with a cs team member at moment tell them why it is the case and why i would stay if they simply place in the t&c a simply note of which apps are shaed which are not and by how much as in my view they can turn around any day of the week go ow god damn lot ppl on the night let knock them back to the 56k age (exsageration i know but it is open in the t&c to allow them to do this if the service degrades enough)
N/A

It would seem based on that, you are the one that has threatened to not pay, and they have responded to that with the action that would be taken.

It doesn't threaten you with any solicitor. The only mention of legal representation is to say they have had advice on the changes, and that you should consult your own legal advice.

Based on many of your responses to posts as of late, it is actualy of no surprise for such a ticket to get to that stage.
N/A

Still waiting for a response to my PM acarr, but thatnks for your comments. :roll:

Think I'm just going to pay up and migrate TBH, I can't be arsed wth all this hassle.
N/A

whos post of late lol..........mine or amittell.

lol i know mine have been good (in prospective of my views)

I am simply campaigning for the good of the community to have a limit and an agreement for the good of the users on how far this shapping can happen and all i get from cs is that they can shape to their hearts content
N/A

acarr has taken offence to the fact I think PlusNET are the worst ISP on the planet, although he has been unable to point out any posts of mine that are factually incorrect. As I said in my PM, point out a post where I have incorrectly stated the facts and I will rectify it and apologise for the post.

Nothing like an impartial moderator. :roll:
N/A

paulphillips7

I can't say that your user name is one that stick in my head, so unlikely that your comments and tone over time, is concerning me.

So no, it was certainly not aimed at you.

My post was entirely in reply to amittell
N/A

good good dont mean to be disruptive or challenge forum rules....

I just want to fight for the right of a service which cant be degraded by shaping
N/A

paulphillips7

By all means do. We have no intentions to stop that.

That being said, there is always a line no matter what you do, when action would be taken.

As above, none of your posts have been of concern, so I wouldn't worry abotu it.

amittell

I have no intention of bringing up what was said in your PM here and I have no intentions of entertaining it with a reply.
Community Veteran

acarr has taken offence to the fact I think PlusNET are the worst ISP on the planet, although he has been unable to point out any posts of mine that are factually incorrect. As I said in my PM, point out a post where I have incorrectly stated the facts and I will rectify it and apologise for the post.

Philip hasn't taken offence to any post. He's just pointed out a few additional facts.

Nothing like an impartial moderator.

Do you actually read any of the other posts on this and other subjects from any of the moderators (including Philip)?

Chris