cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharging on PAYG

N/A

Overcharging on PAYG

i recently (last month) upgraded my PAYG package to an inclusive 5Gb download just for this month. When I received my latest bill I noticed I've been overcharged at £21.99 . Surely this should be £18.99 (£14.99+£1/Gb = £18.99) ..

Anyone else get similar problems?
5 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Overcharging on PAYG

Hi

The amount is correct as you upgraded during the last billing month, as you are billed in advance this payment is added to this months invoice.
JonathanW
Grafter

Overcharging on PAYG

Looking at the ticket that you have raised, the exact charge that has been levied this month has been broken down and esxplained for you.

The thing to keep in mind with PayG accounts, is that if you increase the ammount of included bandwidth, the system increases it straight away to give you the ability to take advantage of it. However, as we can't bill you for a couple of pounds in the middle of the month, it is included on your next invoice, and effectly charged after you've used it but at the price of £1/GB rather than £1.25/GB. Then at the same time you are charged for that bandwidth for the following month, as accounts are paid a month in advance.
N/A

still seriously confused

Ahhh, I kinda see. So what you're basically saying is that I changed my package to include 3Gb extra ...thus during the previous billing month I was on £15.99 (and I upgraded during this month with an extra £3 worth of data transfer). Then this billing month is the same but I was charged for the extra data transfer from last month and this month hence £6 more. £15.99+£6= the £21.99 right?

But the thing is I was charged £17.24 (and made this payment in full) for the last billing month, so where does the £3 come into it? I'm seriously confused!

I need to understand if paid usage includes or excludes our 1Gb transfer eg. "1.45Gb paid usage", does this mean I've used 0.45Gb over my limit or 1.45Gb over my limit ?
N/A

Overcharging on PAYG

So does PN owe Branweb £1.25 or £3.00 as the bandwidth for the previous month has been paid for twice?
JonathanW
Grafter

Overcharging on PAYG

Paid usage, as far as the VMBU goes, includes anything that you pay for, so it does count the initial 1GB that you get with your basic subscription on the account.

In your previous billing month its possible that you went over the paid bandwidth, and didn't increase this ammount, so the system billed you £1.25 for the exgtra gig but didn't include it on a rolling monthly basis. So it would be something like:

£14.99 - Basic fee with 1GB included bandwidth for the coming month
£ 1.00 - Additional 1GB of pre pay bandwidth, for the coming month
£ 1.25 - Addittonal bandwidth used in a post pay fasion, for the previous month