cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over three weeks without connection - Ticket ID: 20218535

N/A

This is really getting beyond a joke now. No response to my various updates to this ticket to help you guys get it sorted.

I don't care how you get this sorted but I feel if I go another few days without any service I am well within my rights to cancel (without penalty) and move to another ISP.

I would also like your customer service / operations Director to contact me by phone to discuss the shocking lack of response to me as a customer.
7 REPLIES
graingerjjb
Grafter

I'm afraid I got moved to Tiscali LLU and can sympathise with you - I'm currently on six weeks without a connection and I've asked for a LLU Mac key to move back to BT as Tiscali can't get their act together.

Never mind PN not actively updating the calls....
Cry
N/A

How long ago did you request the MAC key?

Do you think I would be within my rights to change supplier due to the service - or total lack of. Since I moved house (and I guess was transfered onto this LLU effort) I have probably only has two weeks service in two and a half months - without any penalty from PN. Surely they are breaching any contracts that exist between me the customer and them as the supplier?

It really is a myth that there is any real "choice" in this country when the reality is you always end up back at BT. Or am I just being a cynical old git.....
N/A

Could someone from PN please respond to the ticket or the questions I have logged in this thread?

The least you guys could do is acknowledge that you are looking into this? Even bad news is better than no news at all as that just leaves me more frustrated and angry. If thats possible.
graingerjjb
Grafter

I've been waiting 6 days - I have another day to go to wait but I'm not holding my breath.

I have to say when I was on BT I had a rock solid connection even if it was only at 2Mb.

There's some interesting info @ wwww.adslguide.org in the forums there about Plusnet and breach of contract (albeit you'll have to use dial up) and how to complain. I for one am in the middle of writing to their Customer Services Director to see if it gets read faster than my tickets....

I would suggest they are in breach but I'm not sure what defered charges they might try to through at you if you wanted to move and there's not many ISP's accepting LLU MAC keys.
N/A

Thanks for the comments graingerjjb. I'm not sure if it makes me feel better or worse to know that others are in the same boat as me/us!?

Good luck with the letter to the customer services Director. I started calling random numbers within the PN DDI range and managed to speak to the Marketing Manager, Brian. That was middle of last week and although he took my details, was very apologetic & polite it seems to have had no effect whatsoever.

Maybe I should try Lee Strafford the MD. Looking at the annual report and seeing he took salary and bonus of almost £200,000 for 2005 he should be able to spare a chewed off customer a few minutes surely?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

One of our faults guys is currently chasing this up for you, as soon as he has an update he'll update the ticket and let you know.
N/A

Dave,

Thank you for the update, it's appreciated.

One thing worth mentioning in relation to this fault is why an ADSL cease would be appearing on my line if you guys haven't put one on there (clearly I haven't done so either). It is rather concerning. Could this be something to do with BT / Tiscali?