cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over PAYG pre-paid allowance?

N/A

What happens if you go over your pre-paid allowance on PAYG?

Are you charged for another Gb automatically, or is your connection stopped until the next billing day?
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Unless you have manually set up a "data transfer watch", you'll be automatically billed for an extra GB at £1.25 per whole or part of a GB.

Thomas
N/A

Thanks, thought that would be probably be the case.
Laser
Grafter

Does anyone know how often you are allowed to change the pre-paid allowance amount? :?:
N/A

Effectively it's once per billing period. The words aren't exactly that and you may even be able to increase within the same billing period (I'm not sure) but you can't reduce it within 30 days of a change.
Community Veteran

As far as I can remember, you can increase your included allowance as many times as you like during the month (the change is applied immediately) but you can only downgrade the allowance once in any 30 day period and the downgrade occurs on your next billing date.

The additiinal cost when you exceed your allowance is added to next months bill.
N/A

Unless you have manually set up a "data transfer watch", you'll be automatically billed for an extra GB at £1.25 per whole or part of a GB.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I have, over the last few billing months set my "data transfer watch" to my pre-paid amount.

It seems I fell between two scripts: the official explanation, would you believe, was that the "data transfer watch" and the official VMBU (view my broadband usage) did not tally! :shock:

Sad really. Sad
N/A

...or part of a GB.

I didn't know that you can be billed for part of a GB. Is this a new policy from PlusNet? If it is then great news. Smiley
shellsong
Grafter

Any extra part of a GB gets charged at £1.25! Do you like the idea of being charged £1.25 for 100MB then? Wink
Community Veteran

theattic and shellsong - I was trying to get across that it's not £1.25 per GB. If you take the phrase "per GB" most literally, it implies that if you were to use, say, 0.5GB, you would be charged £0.63. This is not the case; if you use even just 1MB over your allowance, you will £1.25 for it. I suppose what I should have actually said was "£1.25 per extra whole or partially used GB".

Thomas
shellsong
Grafter

I was really responding to theattic! Wink
N/A

Any extra part of a GB gets charged at £1.25! Do you like the idea of being charged £1.25 for 100MB then? Wink

No I don't like that idea at all Mr Shell.

I wouldn't mind paying for the part of a GB that took me over the limit though, one MB must be worth 20p shouldn't it? Wink
willhome
Grafter

maybe a idea for PayG account is if you use say 400mb of the extra GB you pay for that 624mb gets carried over next month?
shellsong
Grafter

What would be nicer is the <20p/GB that bandwidth ought to be if the infrastructure was correctly priced! Wink