cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Express Email reply from your PC

N/A

:? Customer Services Update

Nice to see that you are attempting to achieve what you have promised for so long, unfortunately you have missed one issue that I have posted so many times. I am a Force9 customer with BT broadband with no direct reply to emails via outlook, if I use my old dialup it is fine… As it stands at the moment a customer will be lost, and I will have to inform all of my friends and families of my new BT, 02, work email address's, so that I can use outlook to send and receive email. Webmail is fine if you have a restriction on O/S or browser options etc, but to still have a restriction outside you’re own offered facilities is one of your biggest failures.

2 REPLIES
N/A

You will never be able to send your email through F9's server if you are not connected to their network. This is a deliberate ploy and prevents anyone exploiting the network. If you want to still use your F9 email address, you will have to get the smtp details from BT to put in Outlook Express and configure it that way.

Mark
quelquod
Rising Star

Re: Outlook Express Email reply from your PC

I am a Force9 customer with BT broadband with no direct reply to emails via outlook, if I use my old dialup it is fine…

You need to be connected via an F9 account to send mail through the F9 server. I don't know of any ISP who don't have this restriction which is to help prevent abuse of the system.
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!