cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2007

David_W
Rising Star

Outlook 2007

I'm still waiting for Vista to go Open Beta.

Office is, kinda nice, though looks a heck of a lot better when you stick on the Vista interface (its one of the hidden options somewhere). Black is very sexy, for an office application that is... not that I drool over office applications or expect the Sun's page 3 to suddenly sport the Word 2007 interface....

Have had a few problems with Outlook not rendering emails, but so far only the ones from gameplay, no great loss. One of the coolest features is that you can now open an HTML email in a browser.

Poorest feature is forcing you (pretty much) into downloading MS's desktop search thing, but guess that will be bundled in with Vista anyhow.

I am waiting for Vista, but I have heard FFXI doesnt run with it, and as thats pretty much all I use my PC for these days, I'll have to keep XP until it runs, but such is life.

On a side note, does Force9's site render properly with IE7 on Vista?
17 REPLIES
jabns2
Grafter

Outlook 2007

Why is your email un-recievable in outlook 2007. I know its a beta still but all my other email accounts are working fine. It is just my F9 ones that are not. Are there any configuration changes that need to be made. Is anyone else using outlook 2007 and having/not having these problems.

The link for the office stuff is:
http://microsoft.com/betaexperience/engb

Many thanks,
N/A

Outlook 2007

Hi James,

I personally havent had a chance to play with Outlook 2007, yet.

However as this is still in beta format, F9 staff will be unable to assist with this.

Are you receiving any error messages?
N/A

Outlook 2007

I note that earlier versions of Outlook must be uninstalled before Outlook 2007 will work although the other apps will co-exist with earlier versions. This has put me off installing as Outlook is permanently running every day to grab my emails.

Does anyone know if the .pst file that Outlook 2007 uses is backwards compatible with earlier versions?
N/A

Outlook 2007

Yeah, sounds like a Beta "issue" to me, POP access aint exactly brain science - 2007 is probably just trying to be clever somehow, and aint working properly Wink Beta2 is out now, maybe that might work better?

Does anyone know if the .pst file that Outlook 2007 uses is backwards compatible with earlier versions?

Don't know for sure, although I don't think it's likely (AFAIK even 2003 isn't fully compatible with 2000)

The best thing to do would be to create a new .pst and then import all your data from the old .pst
N/A

Outlook 2007

...The best thing to do would be to create a new .pst and then import all your data from the old .pst

Of course! :lol: Thanks for this.

The beta must be time-bombed, so when the day comes and I have to revert to 2003, doing the reverse will be messy unless there is an option to export to an older type of .pst file (this doesn't exist in 2003).

Anyone?
N/A

Outlook 2007

You can actually get outlook 2003 to create a .pst that is compatible with 97,98, 2000 & 2002.

Tools -> email accounts -> View or change existing -> New outlook Data file

Here you can choose between the 2003 .pst or Outlook 97-2002 .pst

Maybe you have the same option in 2007?
N/A

Outlook 2007

Again, thanks for this. I'm sorely tempted to switch over to using the beta...
jabns2
Grafter

Outlook 2007

Its just started working now.

Many thanks,
jabns2
Grafter

Outlook 2007

Oh and i am using beta 2 of office 2007 and windows vista. I get vista because i am an MSDN subcriber. Cheesy
N/A

Outlook 2007

Have now installed Office 2007 beta 2.

First impressions are I like the new font. Makes everything look very "clean cut". Outlook quite happily used my existing .pst file, so I didn't have to go through any data importing - and yes, I did back up the .pst file before I installed. The file is still listed as a Personal Folders File (97-2002) so hopefully I'll be able to revert to my original Office when this times out.
N/A

Outlook 2007

I have just been tested both outlook and office 2007 and i have managed to revert back to 2003 without any real problems but as with anything beta as its updates it self there is always the possibility for somthing to change between now and the time we all have to get the full versions to keep using it.

On a more upbeat note i do agree that the layout and the general look of the programs seams as if alot of thought has been put into them.

Just going to try using vista now and see what thats like. Smiley
N/A

Outlook 2007

Thanks for this Mark. Nice to know that someone else has reverted back to 2003.

Will give Vista a miss just now as I'm too dependent on this machine for daily use.
N/A

Outlook 2007

Well it seams that they have put allot of thought into making it compatible with the older versions both of outlook and office, touch wood this stays the same as it will make them easy to interchange.

I have to say vista’s working ok at the moment Smiley hopefully it stays that way.
N/A

Outlook 2007

I Have had a copy of a 15 day license of Vista, and i must say, i really like it! - Its seems alot quicker to load programs etc, than xp. It also looks a lot smarter!!!