cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outages???

N/A

Outages???

I use my connection for playing online games, and would appreciate being e-mailed when scheduled outages are pending.
It is frustrating to get so far in a game (for example), only to lose all points because of "random outages".
Maybe it is my ADSL Modem (supplied by plusNet) - I get random cutoffs every couple of days.
Just disappointed as got dropped at midnight (rang - no fault at PlusNet), then rejoined game, to rebuild points, only to get dropped again at 01:55 (rang Plusnet - known outage).

Okay- so not everybody cares about outages at this time of night (morning), by it would enhance the customer service to allow people to "opt in" to e-mails advising of outages.

Despite this pain, your customer service has always proven to be excellent (if somewhat curt - call-centre pressures, of which I am aware).
5 REPLIES
N/A

Outages???

They have already planned this emailling idea - see details here. This will allow customers to "opt-in" and receive emails warning them of upcoming maintenance and other important announcements.
N/A

Thanks for the info..

..so - have to wait until next year.
With the amount of spam flying aroundthe net, it seems odd that it takes so long for a business to be able to create an opt-in mailing!!!
N/A

Outages???

The process can be rather slow as Ian said Smiley It has to go through many departments, until the idea is refined and perfected.
Ianwild
Grafter

Outages???

We have decided, because of the potential for demand on this service at critical times, that such a mailing list should be handled by a totally independent mail core.

As such, this will take a while to build. The deadline for the server is 31st December, but I'm not sure if this includes the mailing list functionality.

It is good for you guys to keep asking for this - I will chase when I get back from holiday and geta definitive ETA for you.

Regards,
N/A

Outages???

Ah, good to know the idea has progressed Smiley

At least we've now got a deadline.