cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outages

N/A

Outages

Hi, I am a new customer of PlusNet, only been with them since November, and all went well for the first month, or so. Now however, I seem to be having a problem. Suddenly, and for no apparent reason, when I am surfing I will suddenly be face with a BT announcementtelling me that

'You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your browser and internet applications before attempting to reconnect'

Following this there is a list of reasons why this has happened. I am concerned about this.
Is it a regular occurance with PlusNet?
Have I done something wrong to incur this approbation?
How can I stop it happening?

Does anyone else have experience of the problem, or any suggested solutions. Any help at all would help, as I am getting increasingly annoyed and frustrated......
4 REPLIES
N/A

Outages

Hi there.

Welcome to the forums.

You may be experiencing DNS issues. Try manually assigning the Plus Net DNS servers to your modem or router.

Normally these are assigned automatically.

The servers are

You can use any or all of these, depending on your hardware.

Hope that helps.
N/A

Outages

Thank you for your reply, it is appreciated that someone is trying to help.

I understand what youi are saying to me, but I don't know how to put it into practice. I am using a Netgear DG824M Router, and although I have looked through the opyions I cannot see where I would be able yo assign the DNS addresses you mention.

Would you be able to help me further?
Patch
Grafter

Outages

Hi,

We have a DG834 and the dns settings are on the "Basic Settings" page, once you log in.
There are 2 options, one is "Get Automatisally from ISP" and the other is "use these DNS servers", and you can then set a priamary and secondary set.

Patch
N/A

Outages

Thanks for your help. I have applied your solutions, and they seem to be working fine (fingers crossed).