cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage

Community Veteran

Outage

Was it just me or did Plusnet go off for 15 minutes at about 12:10?
13 REPLIES
N/A

Outage

DSL was still active, I was downloading. Can't say about the portal tho'.

Gordon
Community Veteran

Outage

Most Odd. I was actually using MSN and suddenly found I was off line. Tried to reconnect but it after a long time trying it kept saying I was behind a firewall.
Tried the portal but got nowhere.
Suddenly everything working again.
Line sync never faltered so it could have been a network fault somewhere between me and Plusnet?
N/A

Outage

One of those things, which route you take to PlusNet. I think you go through Warrington node. I go through Manchester central. the local exchanges can be fine but a trunking node can go off..... so I am told anyway.

Gordon
Community Veteran

Outage

Oh well back on now Cool lets hope it stays that way Smiley
As you say probably a link down somewhere along the route.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Outage

Check if your routed via AG1, it went mammaries up around 10-10.10pm last night, Lots of packet loss and excessive pings so might have happened again.

I rebooted to get back on AG2
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Outage

My (Binatone) USB modem also stopped working and reported 'no signal' at around the same time. :?
N/A

Outage

I can't see any major spikes on the Service utilisation chart, so I assume it was local? Quite odd.
N/A

Outage

You sure it wasn't maintainance by BT?

There is a lot of work schedualed at the moment, and this is one area I thing PlusNet need to improve on. Getting the annoucments from BT out.

BT Openworld provide some good detail on this, and is likely the only good customer service I have seen from them. You can see there upcoming maintainance schedual, including back dated ones, which is available HERE

Though, just checking it, it looks to only cover up until yesterday morning (sods law, again).

Looking further around the net though, it looks as if BT issued a new set of exchanges for work today. They say they give 3 days prior notice, so I don't thin that would cover this set of work.
Community Veteran

Outage

At 10pm yesterday I would have lost connection is it had been BT work, as it was AG1 at that time was either giving 30% loss or pings in the region of 200-300.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran

Outage

It could well have been some work by BT Philip. All I know is that I suddenly lost all communication with the PlusNet server for about 15 minutes just after midnight last night.
I still had line sync so it was further down the chain than my local exchange.
But at least it came back on before too long.
Whatever it was didn't seem to affect dial up though as the friend I was in conversation with on MSN (same exchange) stayed connected and wondered where I'd gone. :roll:
Ianwild
Grafter

Outage

At 10pm yesterday I would have lost connection is it had been BT work, as it was AG1 at that time was either giving 30% loss or pings in the region of 200-300.

Hi,

Not really the case... If you were getting packet loss going into AGM this will have been within Bts network - The Redback either works or it doesn't. Even the issues with customers connected to AG2 the other week were not down to the Redback, but were a problem on the BT centrals that are the last BT link between their network and ours.

We do need to sort out something with the BT announcements, but I'm waiting on a nice automated system to do this and email all the affected customers, which is taking some time. I will see if there is a quicker interim solution.

Regards,

Ian
Community Veteran

Outage

Do BT ever do work during peak hours , other than early hours of the morning? Ok if it was emergency work but if that was the case then any time they have done that in the past its always caused a loss of connection

[Moderatore note (by acarr) : Removed full quotes of previous message]
Ianwild
Grafter

Outage

HI,

BT do have problems during peak hours AND BT do soemtimes perform maintenance during working hours, although this is normally restricted to 'no customer impact' work (A bit like our mailserver rollout this morning Wink ). It takes something really special for BT to pay their engineers overtime Wink

Regards,

Ian