cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of Sync

N/A

Out of Sync

I recieved my starter pack [ USB modem ] and set it all up as per instructions on sheet of paper in the box.
But for the life of me i cannot get the modem to sync. And according to the Plusnet help pages you canot connect if it doesn't sync. Well i can connect but the Sync or RDY light just sits there flashing at me.The speeds range from Brilliant to Rigor Mortis.
I raised a ticket on the problem and on the 14th October got the message:-

INTERNAL > Please advise

I replied asking what it mean't.When i got nothing in return i phoned on the 18th spoke to them and and he put on the ticket " Please keep customer updated "
Since then nothing. !!!
I have already removed all my USB devices, reinstalled the modem and after reading the forums tried a few things that i saw on here. All with no luck. It still sits there flashing. And now it is doing my brain or what is left of it.
As this has been going on for almost a month now and still no nearer sorting the problem out, i now think it's time to look elseware for assistance.
So now i throw myself at your mercy for Help.
Thankyou in Anticipation

Mick. : confused

PS Please be gentle with me as i am fairly new to all this.
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Out of Sync

Good Evening,

Regards your issue you must have sync on your line to be able to connect otherwise you would not be able to gain a connection and as you are aware you are getting connected so this must be a fault regarding the hardware are your misinterpretating the led's what I would do is double click on the 'runner control panel' should be on your desktop and you will see from hear that it refers to line established which means that there is sync on your line.

Regards,

| Lee Mckenzie....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

> Good Evening,
>
> Regards your issue you must have sync on your line to be able to connect otherwise you would not be able to gain a connection and as you are aware you are getting connected so this must be a fault regarding the hardware are your misinterpretating the led's what I would do is double click on the 'runner control panel' should be on your desktop and you will see from hear that it refers to line established which means that there is sync on your line.
>
> Regards,
>

> | Lee Mckenzie....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support......................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd.............@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

Hello Lee,
Thankyou for your reply,
I have gone to the Runner control panel and it says that a line is established. I thought it was as i would not have been able to connect, but why does the RDY light keep on flashing.Huh
Surely it should be a steady light when it is ok.

The other thing that springs to mind is why when i raised the ticket [ 5449812 ] on the 10th October, has it taken soooo long for anyone to come up with faulty hardware. So where do i go from here.
Thankyou once again.

Mick.
N/A

Hi Mick,

From your ticket it appears that the problems that you are experiencing are speed related rather than a connection issue, if this is the case then please accept my apologies as the issue has not been dealt with entirely correctly.

If you are having a problem with speed we require certaing information in order to investigate the problem:

1. Traceroutes to a couple of external sites when the problem is evident. To perform a traceroute type the following (for example) into an MSDos prompt:

tracert www.bbc.co.uk

2. Roughly the speed that you are getting when downloading from external sites and also from internal sites. For internal sites use the filevault on the portal, for external sites I recomend www.mirror.ac.uk.

3. Do you notice the problem only at certain times of day or only on certain days of the week?

Please give us this information in the contact us system on your existing ticket and we will continue to investigate.

Regards

Josh
--
| Josh Berry.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.............@http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

> Hi Mick,
>
> From your ticket it appears that the problems that you are experiencing are speed related rather than a connection issue, if this is the case then please accept my apologies as the issue has not been dealt with entirely correctly.
>
> If you are having a problem with speed we require certaing information in order to investigate the problem:
>
> 1. Traceroutes to a couple of external sites when the problem is evident. To perform a traceroute type the following (for example) into an MSDos prompt:
>
> tracert www.bbc.co.uk
>
> 2. Roughly the speed that you are getting when downloading from external sites and also from internal sites. For internal sites use the filevault on the portal, for external sites I recomend www.mirror.ac.uk.
>
> 3. Do you notice the problem only at certain times of day or only on certain days of the week?
>
> Please give us this information in the contact us system on your existing ticket and we will continue to investigate.
>
> Regards
>
> Josh
> --
> | Josh Berry.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support.......................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd.............@http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
>

Good morning Josh,

Thankyou for imformation will try it later when i have a bit more time.
Could you answer another question. Is the RDY light on Modem supposed to flash, or be a steady light when in sync. Huh As everyone seems to miss that part of the problem if it is a problem.

Mick
N/A

> > Hi Mick,
> >
> > From your ticket it appears that the problems that you are experiencing are speed related rather than a connection issue, if this is the case then please accept my apologies as the issue has not been dealt with entirely correctly.
> >
> > If you are having a problem with speed we require certaing information in order to investigate the problem:
> >
> > 1. Traceroutes to a couple of external sites when the problem is evident. To perform a traceroute type the following (for example) into an MSDos prompt:
> >
> > tracert www.bbc.co.uk
> >
> > 2. Roughly the speed that you are getting when downloading from external sites and also from internal sites. For internal sites use the filevault on the portal, for external sites I recomend www.mirror.ac.uk.
> >
> > 3. Do you notice the problem only at certain times of day or only on certain days of the week?
> >
> > Please give us this information in the contact us system on your existing ticket and we will continue to investigate.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Josh
> > --
> > | Josh Berry.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> > | Technical Support.......................for Home & Business
> > | PlusNet Technologies Ltd.............@http://www.plus.net
> > + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
> >
>
> Good morning Josh,
>
> Thankyou for imformation will try it later when i have a bit more time.
> Could you answer another question. Is the RDY light on Modem supposed to flash, or be a steady light when in sync. Huh As everyone seems to miss that part of the problem if it is a problem.
>
> Mick

Hello,

Well tried the adsl guide sppeed test and got:-

Downstream 456Kbps [ 57.0 KB/sec ]
Upstream 237Kbps [ 29.6 KB/sec ]

Thankyou to Lee and Josh for your help.

Mick