cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Vision for 2005/2006

N/A

Our Vision for 2005/2006

Cheese off as many customers as possible.

Still receiving dial up speeds on p2p even after raising a ticket 5 days days ago, even after paying £39.99 a month, even after being well below my peak & off peak limits for my last billing period that ended 20th Dec.

On calling PN they don't even have the decency to apologise or provide an explanation as to why I'm being throttled.

Great service PN, keep up the good work!
30 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Our Vision for 2005/2006

i hope you didnt call them today
serenityvalley
Grafter

Our Vision for 2005/2006

I don't really want to be negative today, but I'm more than slightly annoyed that my ticket regarding 30K throttling of P2P&Usenet has come back to me with a request that I give them a 12 hour window to test my connection (which involves my household being disconnected for that amount of time and obviously has to be during the day, because that's when the problem occurs) - are they trying to imply the problem I'm having is unique to my account? It doesn't sound like it from discussions here...

To rub salt in the wounds, I'm currently downloading a 171MB game update from EA's servers and that is also crawling along at 30K.

But since I'm working my way to blind stinking drunk - merry christmas everyone (including PN staff)! Cheesy
N/A

Our Vision for 2005/2006

PN are taking the mick. I raised my ticket on 21st Dec & it's still unanswered. CS have told me that there is nobody in from tech to deal with my query.

Right, so PN you're telling me that there's nobody in from tech. If the system/servers go down who's gonna repair it then, Santa & his little helpers! LMAO!
Community Veteran

Our Vision for 2005/2006

Right, so PN you're telling me that there's nobody in from tech. If the system/servers go down who's gonna repair it then, Santa & his little helpers! LMAO!

There is a difference between those in tech who are authorised to repond to tickets and those responsible for the running of the network / equipment. It is clear from the CS agents reply that only those of the latter are available at the moment.

PN may not necessarily have staff 'in the office' but do have emergency cover personnel 'on call' 24/7 who can come in at very short notice to investigate/fix network problems.

This is a standard way or working during extended holiday periods and allows the engineers to have some time with their families.
N/A

Our Vision for 2005/2006

Peter,

If the ticket was indeed posted on the 21st then I too agree that 5 days ( regardless of holidays ) is a disgracefully long time to have to wait for a reply. Man I worked in a simple sarnie factory and not even we got christmas day off. ok so I got paid at £35 an hour but still.
Times such as these should work on a rotational basis where by you either volunteer or it is your turn this year ( so to speak ).
After all being an ISP its not the sort of thing you can leave unattended for a week and expect things to go smoothly.

Regards,
N/A

Our Vision for 2005/2006

Peter

This "It's Christmas" attitude is rubbish.

PN are an ISP. They cannot just leave the network unattended over the Christmas period. It's not as though they are a Uni or College which breaks up over Christmas for a week & a half they are an ISP. Networks/Severs need to be monitored/looked after 365 a year.

I am paying £39.99 for a service that is not being delivered to me in full. I shouldn't have to wait what is now 6 days for a reply from the tech/network team. I've read other threads & seen that other members have submitted tickets two/three days after I have & have already received replies & solutions to correct their problems.

If anything PN should be cheesed off too about this because whatever staff are in will be being paid double/triple pay so PN should be pretty pee'd if these staff are just sitting there ignoring work that needs to be addressed.
N/A

Our Vision for 2005/2006

After all being an ISP its not the sort of thing you can leave unattended for a week and expect things to go smoothly.

You would think not Tom but I called CS yet again today after they ignored a further ticket I sent over 24 hrs a go. CS said to me don't expect this to be looked at until Wednesday 28th at the earliest!
N/A

Our Vision for 2005/2006

They also gave me the dial-up test rigmarol, and guess what, it proved that my speed is throttled.

I suspect the poor support guys are having to handle a lot of these erroneous throttlings.

I used to believe PN were a decent company who delivered what they promised and gave fair exchange to their customers. This is rapidly changing though, and I won't be recommending them to anyone else unless until they get honest and straight.

Rod
JonathanW
Grafter

Our Vision for 2005/2006

With regards to the staffing over christmas, you have to keep in mind that the csc, the guys who answer phones and most tickets, are the only people in all of the time. People like Networks and Accounts only work week days as it is, so anything that's classed as a bank holiday means they won't be in either. Which means that Networks haven't been in since the 23rd.

This is why any tickets pased to them are sitting there at the moment, but these will be picked up once they get back and start working through things that have been raised through to them.

What we do have, both over the holiday period, and at all other times, is on call engineers who can be called if a network or server issue develops. Though these aren't people that we can call regarding issues only affecting one or two people.
N/A

Our Vision for 2005/2006

"Though these aren't people that we can call regarding issues only affecting one or two people."

It's more than just one or two. (And even if it was that's a poor way to look at things . It only takes one or two people to tell one or two people & so on that the service they are receiving from PN is less than par.) The only person I have recommended to PN so far is my sister (who is a customer on my recommendation) & that was when I first joined & the service was excellent for those first three months. As it stands now I couldn't recommend any of my friends to try PN with the attitude & level of service PN currently have.

Especially if your attitude is, "hey it's only one or two & it's Christmas, forget about it till after Christmas."

As an ISP there should be tech staff there 365 days a year. You're providing a service that is used 365 says a year & therefore needs to be monitored 365 days a year.

PN customers should expect the same level of service throughout the year not a poor nochalant service because, "hey, it's christmas."

Currently I am being throttled to less than dial up for 16 hours a day on p2p. Come 12am it's okay but after 8am it's back to dial up speeds.

I'm currently getting 2.5 kbit/s. I might as well just switch the PC off.

I was well within my limits for last month which just ended on 20th Dec. Why can't my profile just be reset when it can be clearly seen on your systems that I have exceeded no limits. I shouldn't have to wait 6 days for something that is an administrative issue to be resolved.
Community Veteran

Our Vision for 2005/2006

pscarlett,

You seem to be confusing several different issues. The guys who fix the servers and network connections are on call and do deal with the issues 24/7 365. The guys who deal with the majority of day to day support isses are available and do monitor the network 24.7 365. This is how more or less any company runs. Having a full compliement of staff to deal with any issue any time of the day will never happen in any company.

Chris
N/A

Our Vision for 2005/2006

fa55dsl

So, it's acceptable to still be waiting 7 days for a reply to your ticket & have the CS team tell you when you call again that they cannot speak to the tech team on the phone & that they only communicate with them via tickets.

The tech team have had the ticket for 6 days & have done nothing about it. They haven't even contacted CS team via a ticket to say they are looking into resetting my profile or whatever the hell they need to do.

You then call the CS team yet again & they say to you.

"We've passed the ticket on it's got nothing to do with us now. No, we won't contact the tech team about this for you & see where it is. We've done our bit & will do no nothing further for you."

If you were paying £39.99 a month as I am & were receiving this level of service you'd be all chipper about it.
Community Veteran

Our Vision for 2005/2006

I haven't said that it's acceptable at all. I agree, its not. All Im saying is you need to distinguish between what different staff do and dont do to understand why its likely to be delayed. I'm not trying to exuse them at all, just pointing it out to you Smiley

Chris
JonathanW
Grafter

Our Vision for 2005/2006

We do have people monitoring the network 24/7/365. But much of the time this is by staff in the csc using our internal monitoring system to ensure that there isn't a problem. Only when there is a problem with the network, or with a server, do they call the oncall engineer. As with any such resource it has to be used wisely, rather than just calling because there's a possible issue with the traffic profiles on one or two accounts.

This will however be looked at as soon as networks are in the office again, so that we can investigate and resolve the problem.